going to datalog boost, where is MAP sensor?

Don03cobra

Established Member
Call me lazy.. I am sure that it us under the hood, prolly againts the firewall like in all mustangs.. but I have a LM1 wide band and I just ordered the RPM convert/aux input harness and am going to be able to log rpms, and several other items and I thought that I would get a voltage reading off of the map sensor and loag boost.. anyone did this?

Don

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
If I remember right the MAP and AIT2 are the same sensor and located under the blower, not sure where you would tap into it though. Getting a voltage reading off it will do you little good without knowing what the voltages mean in inches of vacuum. (ie "hg). Many scanners will display the output of the sensor in "hg.

You should be able to check current atmospheric pressure by monitoring MAP with ignition on but engine not running. Atmospheric pressure at sea level is approx 29.93"hg, this of course will vary based on your location and weather conditions. Then during a run you can monitor reported "hg from the map and subtract your starting "hg from the "hg numbers returned by the sensor and multiply them by 0.4912 to get boost in PSI.

Users who are viewing this thread