Going through some kind of a car crisis basically - my 14gt vs a 11/12 shelby or 13

dru440

Established Member
Went to the dragstrip tonight and just did not feel like I belonged there in my 14 GT 6spd with 373's. I really do miss my old comp orange 04 but have driven an 04 in the past few years and the car really felt dated. I have not wanted to step up to the plate and buy a Shelby, but I feel like a pulley, tune, exhaust, tire shelby could be the cure. Would I be satisfied with that on an 11 or 12? Also there is something about the exclusivity about any Cobra model. Would I need to get a 13 with some mods and tires to cure my itch? Anyone else have these problems? Thank you in advance you guys always steer me in the right direction.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I've thought a lot about what I'd do if something happened to the mach and I think a boss with a blower is the answer

...depends on what you feel is missing though

dru440

Established Member
I love the violent power that the 04 Cobra had. For whatever reason its hard for me to secure a test drive of on an 11-12 Shelby. I also like the nice features of the Cobra and the relationships I was able to make with other Cobra drivers. I also wonder if I would kick myself for buying an 11-12 instead of a 13 down the road.

ThomasL

Established Member
Mod the shit outta your GT.
Also, no matter what car you have, you'll always have that little voice in your head that says another car is better. I do all the time. It's natural. Key is to be happy with what you have and make it your own.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Went to the dragstrip tonight and just did not feel like I belonged there in my 14 GT 6spd with 373's. I really do miss my old comp orange 04 but have driven an 04 in the past few years and the car really felt dated. I have not wanted to step up to the plate and buy a Shelby, but I feel like a pulley, tune, exhaust, tire shelby could be the cure. Would I be satisfied with that on an 11 or 12? Also there is something about the exclusivity about any Cobra model. Would I need to get a 13 with some mods and tires to cure my itch? Anyone else have these problems? Thank you in advance you guys always steer me in the right direction.
This Is SVTP, you bought the base model V8 mustang. That is your first mistake.

Just sell your gt, and get a GT500!

coposrv

Established Member
I would put a blower on the GT. the Shelby would be nice but I would be thinking of what I capsule have done with the extra 50 grand. Too much money IMO.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I would step to the king of pony cars.
A stripped down pure raw awesomeness that is the z28!
You will never ever look back

Rct851

Established Member
I'm kinda in the same boat. I really do love my 13 gt but I wouldn't mind something that's a little more of a head turner.

I'd go boss over an 11-12 gt500. But I wouldn't make any moves until we see what the new mustangs are goin to do.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Wait for the 15 and put a TVS on it. They are already in development and will be out by the time the car is released. Paxton and others will have their Centri kits out soon after too I would assume.

The base V8 will be sharing a lot of Boss engine parts this time around and will out handle the Boss 302 LS according to Ford with just the Performance pack.

Users who are viewing this thread