Going no-spoiler

airmanb2b

Established Member
Found a guy with a base 07 willing to do a decklid swap with me. I'll post pics after I get the new deck lid shot. Tob, tried to find your pictures but couldn't.

Last edited:

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
IMG_9143.jpg

IMG_9146.jpg

IMG_9148.jpg

IMG_9165.jpg

IMG_9176.jpg

IMG_9175.jpg

IMG_9187.jpg

IMG_9193.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Looks unfinished, and I don't mean from the lack of the faux gas cap. Not feeling it.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
To each his own.

When I see an untouched '07-09, the tacked on rear spoiler jumps out to me immediately. That kills the lines of the car. Much like the way I see Troy's photo but without the thong.

:)

slowbra99

Established Member
like previously mentioned....it kills the lines of the car and for what it is worth maybe a little aerodynamic effects.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I made the change without regard to airflow. Were the car to be 'flowed' in its current configuration, I suspect the balance would be negatively impacted in terms of downforce management at higher speeds. Were that a concern of mine (at this point) I'd have left on the 'KR/V6' spoiler I had on there for awhile.

IMG_7755.jpg

Arguable the best 'factory' rear spoiler for '07-'09 cars in terms of balance. But it still has that 'tacked on' look that the factory upright spoiler has. My eye immediately separates the car from the spoiler when they don't seem to flow naturally, such as the OE GT500 spoiler. Coupled with reduced rear line of sight, no doubt compounded by the factory Skyjacker suspension, removing it softened the rear and alleviated the angular departure of the stocker.

__IMG_4362zcopy.jpg

I tried hard to embrace the Steeda piece but mental rejection levels remained high. It flows but something just isn't right. Maybe because it appears too thin with such a bulky S197 derriere.

28540sfrontandrear1.jpg

It wasn't until I saw a cleaned up GT that I started to consider a smoother decklid. For me, the near horizontal decklid works very well...

driversidebodykit.jpg

I've stalled on switching to the PJ/Gurney rear bumper cover, yet its in a box and ready to go on. I think it completes the 'smooth' lines from the shaved rear better than the stocker...

95277d1270499776-i-got-my-new-rear-bumper-saleen_302_parnelli_jones_limited_edition_mustang_04.jpg

I really like how the decklid flows with the extensions Saleen used on some of their '09 and prior models

clean_saleen28.jpg

It brings the decklid length in line with the rear bumper. Too bad Steve has to have his name molded into everything. We'll see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread