Going Kenne 2.6....cams...

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
Hey guys gonna be purchasing a 2.6 kenne bell setup soon. Wanted to mix the setup with some nice cams. Was thinking the Crower stage II? My question is which are gonna give me less of a rough idle? Personally,(call me crazy) I am not into the crazy heavy idle cams give off. Thanx!:beer:

s|ck

Established Member
Stage 3's :rockon:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IiDLSfpiTY"]YouTube- 2004 Cobra - Comp Cams, Full Exhaust[/nomedia]

Ironhand

Banned
Not to long ago someone posted that the comp or crower stage IIs were made incorrectly.. Didnt know which one it is. I like both companies cams but biggest bang for the buck is the Ford GT cams 500 dollars and a nice little gain. You will be good regardless which cam you pick.

GodStang

Established Member
Don't get caught up on stages because they are just names. Comp Stage 3 are a good bit more aggressive than Crower Stage 3. Crower Stage 2 should be nice street ability but you will not get any power from them. Since the engine is out you may want to P&P the heads cause you will probably see better gains from that.

GodStang

Established Member
Not to long ago someone posted that the comp or crower stage IIs were made incorrectly.. Didnt know which one it is. I like both companies cams but biggest bang for the buck is the Ford GT cams 500 dollars and a nice little gain. You will be good regardless which cam you pick.

Those are the worst bang for the buck. The best bang for the buck would be 96-98 Cobra cams. The actual measured specs (not what ford "claims") are better than the Ford GT cams and you can find them for under $200 a lot of times. The Ford GT cams are so close to the 03-04 cams that there really are no gains from the cams themselves. I know 5 to 10 guys that installed the GT cams and were unhappy with them and had them yanked.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
i was looking into some comp cams , and checking there specs out

i heard the deal with the crower cams someone brought here from a member that sucked i would hate to yank cams agian. esp in the car .

stock cams specs for 03 cobra are 190/195 @.050 lift is 10mm or around .395 lift.

i think the gt super car cams are 13 mm lift. i think the 2000 cobra r cams are 13 mm lift too. but might be different cams between the 2.

Users who are viewing this thread