Going from f1a to vmp tvs 2.3

chipmonk

Established Member
So I just bought another termi and th car had an f1a on it. I want something with loads of torque down low and have already had a whipple 2.3 car so I decided on a tvs for this one.
Current mods
F1a 6 rib
Bap
60lb injectors
Subframe connectors
Full exhaust with long tubes
4:10 gear
Ba3000 maf
Accufab throttle body

Parts I just ordered
Jlt high boost intake
Stock coolant crossover tube
Stock lower manifold to intercooler adapter
100mm snub idler
Head cooling mod
80lb injectors
Black Saleen replicas
315 mickey thompson e/t streets
I'm buying a local used tvs 2.3 with a 3.0 pulley and 2.6 pulley this weekend. Is there anything else I should need to swap the car back to a roots style blower? I'm going to tune it on pump gas for now and when spring comes put a return system in it and go for e85 tune with the 2.6

Last edited:

chipmonk

Established Member
Well I just ended up buying a new vmp tvs 2.3 since tps motors ports was having a good deal. Went with a 2.8 pulley for pump gas.

chipmonk

Established Member
Parts are starting to roll in, should be able to put it together next week.
s4EHvZc.jpg
"]
s4EHvZc.jpg
[/URL]
rtLQWNT.jpg
"]
rtLQWNT.jpg
[/URL]
53Qvu7X.jpg
"]
53Qvu7X.jpg
[/URL]

SS EATR

Established Member
Nice mod list, that is pretty much the same setup I am going with on my car. I've ordered everything but the blower itself, I am going to wait until around March before I get that. What made you decide to upgrade to 80lb injectors instead of sticking with 60s?

chipmonk

Established Member
Nice mod list, that is pretty much the same setup I am going with on my car. I've ordered everything but the blower itself, I am going to wait until around March before I get that. What made you decide to upgrade to 80lb injectors instead of sticking with 60s?

im doing a return style fuel system come spring and switching to e85 so im doing the injectors while i have them out. Tps motorsports has the vmp on sale for $3100 right now you might want to jump on it!

SS EATR

Established Member
im doing a return style fuel system come spring and switching to e85 so im doing the injectors while i have them out. Tps motorsports has the vmp on sale for $3100 right now you might want to jump on it!

I just saw that a few minutes ago, very very tempting!

avgt500

Established Member
#1 on anything other then a prepped track you are gonna vaporize those tires.
Seen you are going to 80s, not sure on a 4.6 but on my 5.4 I have to get 1000's if I want to run e85, I first bought 60s and now I'm stuck until I can afford 1000s, wish I would have just gone big from the start.

chipmonk

Established Member
#1 on anything other then a prepped track you are gonna vaporize those tires.
Seen you are going to 80s, not sure on a 4.6 but on my 5.4 I have to get 1000's if I want to run e85, I first bought 60s and now I'm stuck until I can afford 1000s, wish I would have just gone big from the start.

They are 315 mickey thompson e/t streets. It should hook pretty well on them. My old cobra I made 654/715 on a whipple 2.3 with e85 and the injectors were not maxed. If they do max I'll just go bigger, swapping them is no big deal since the elbow is removable on the vmp tvs.

chipmonk

Established Member
Got some more work done over the weekend. Just waiting on a few odds and ends. Head cooling mod will be here tomorrow then I can put the blower on. The lower intake is just sitting there so I can pull it off to do the head cooling mod.
jMWCwO8.jpg
"]
jMWCwO8.jpg
[/URL]
OERQna4.jpg
"]
OERQna4.jpg
[/URL]
auEdXxx.jpg
"]
auEdXxx.jpg
[/URL]

chipmonk

Established Member
Very close to getting it fired up. Just gotta get a radiator hose and start burping the systems then it's time to fire her up! Tune is set for this upcoming Friday, any guesses on what power it will make?
O0nRVD8.jpg
"]
O0nRVD8.jpg
[/URL]

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Are you going to keep those 4:10's? It's probably going to blow the tires off with that aggressive of a gear. I would venture to say your probably going to be knocking on 700rwhp

**On E85

chipmonk

Established Member
Are you going to keep those 4:10's? It's probably going to blow the tires off with that aggressive of a gear. I would venture to say your probably going to be knocking on 700rwhp

**On E85

It's getting tuned on 93, I'm gunna do the return system in about 2 months and get an e85 tune. The 4:10 will be in for the tune but I will eventually be putting a 3:55 in. I don't need a 4:10 without the f1a. So the numbers will probably be slightly lower with them. 700 is the goal for e85 though!

Ken Adams

Im so lost in trying to figure out what I want to do to my 2014 GT. The new and improved 2.9 whipple or do I want to do pistons and rods and 200 shot nitrous. I keep going back to turbo, and that is what I want but seems the first 2 options are more available to get done easier. BTW did you pick that f1a stanger from michigan? I looked at one a couple months ago. You have your build all figured out and all I have the nagging questions/decisions of what I want to accomplish. Vortech I, or V3? Procharger?

chipmonk

Established Member
Im so lost in trying to figure out what I want to do to my 2014 GT. The new and improved 2.9 whipple or do I want to do pistons and rods and 200 shot nitrous. I keep going back to turbo, and that is what I want but seems the first 2 options are more available to get done easier. BTW did you pick that f1a stanger from michigan? I looked at one a couple months ago. You have your build all figured out and all I have the nagging questions/decisions of what I want to accomplish. Vortech I, or V3? Procharger?

Ya i picked it up just north of detroit, i wanted a tvs or whipple car but i figured just sell the f1a and do the tvs route. all are good blowers i just went this way because my last car had a nvoi 1500 on it.

chipmonk

Established Member
Got her fired up. Just got some snow so hopefully the roads are clear enough friday, gunna be a rough drive on drag radials if not! Lol.
Qi54HJm.jpg
"]
Qi54HJm.jpg
[/URL]

chipmonk

Established Member
Well got the car back. It was tuned on a low reading mustang dyno and made 517whp and 479wtq. Even on a mustang this seems really low to me. I havnt been able to really get into it yet to see what it feels like because of rain. It peaked at 18 lbs of boost on a 2.8 upper, seems a little low as well but it does have long tubes. What do you guys think? I guess only the track will tell when it opens.

d1sc46

Established Member
I have same blower and upper pulley. Before I went E85, 4pd lower. I was around 19.5 pounds of boost and dynoed 649rwhp/599rwtq on 93 & lontubes. That being said, something isn't adding up unfortunately. All cylinders firing? Custom tune? I hope you find something. Good luck! Sweet ride btw...

Users who are viewing this thread