Going faster on a Paxton

RR5.0

Established Member
I currently have a stock block Paxton auto car that I would like to make some adjustments to for a little better time in the 1/4. Ive done a little bit of weight reduction and now I want to see about adding some engine parts.

Im looking at oil pump gears, crank sprocket, and a Boss manifold (ported.) These should allow me to rev the car to 7600 and cross the traps at the top of 3rd instead of shifting into 4th. Im hoping this combo will be good for a few tenths at least.

Currently on 10psi wastegated 93 pump gas, 275/60 MT pros, 4C converter, and stock gear. Highest trap has been 128.

Will this setup be beneficial or a waste of time? Anything else I should add while I'm doing this?

Thanks!

20lbbooster

Established Member
Do you have access to e85? If so, run that or race gas and you'll see some quicker times. You'll need to revise the tune obviously...

RR5.0

Established Member
Original tuner was lund. Got it retuned at Pro Dyno but im waiting on my converter to get back to take it back out on the track.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Check Mike Roush 's auto tunes they get raive reviews here. but i dont know if he needs your car to dial it in but i think he can get you into the low 10's!

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
What does the rest of the time slip look like and what weight reductions have you done so far?

RR5.0

Established Member
Im very pleased with Dan's tune at Pro Dyno. Timeslip was

1.53 60'
6.92@101 in 1/8
10.80@128 in 1/4

This was pre weight reduction weight of 3885 with me and a half tank of gas. I weigh 180. This however was also with the Lund tune. It was short shifting very badly. (6400rpm or so)

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Actually I bet you pick up 3-5 tenths with just the boss and shift point changes. 6400 is really low.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
It's really easy to push someone else's motor.

Rr50 I thought the exact same thing.

I plan on going to the 11 spring on mine after I get the opg/sprocket/fuel system installed. I may just ran it at the track a few times and use the 10 for the street.

4VFTW

Established Member
dont increase the boost yet OP...there is plenty more left on the table at 10psi

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
stage 1 fuel system and e85 would be your best friend. along with opgs and crank sprocket. i would do the fuel system and e85 before the boss if it's one or the other

feel free to call with any questions
beef
513-478-1965

Users who are viewing this thread