Going down tomorrow.. '12 3.7l v6 VS srt4

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Heres the shakedown fellas. Me and this guy have ran before, and even though whoever had the passenger lost, it was clear his car was quicker. Since then, he's taken his cat out and gotten dyno tuned. It put down 260hp/318tq, but this was on race gas @18psi....

I've since added full longtube exhaust and ported my throttle body. I'm guestimating 300-310hp/280-290tq.

He will be on street tires, I'm really hoping to get my dads Racestar/dr setup for the night, as I haven't found tires for my racestars yet. I talked enough shit to him to where he finally said he would do a dig run, admitting it probably won't end well for him (he doesn't know I will probably be on a tire :kaboom:)

What's ya'lls outlook on the outcome? Im saying I will be out 2 cars from a dig, ~1 from a 20 roll, and I'll give him his 40 roll, which may put him out .5-1car, since he says he still spins from that speed.

Sorry for another bench thread, but I pulled through with the one against the 2v, and unless it rains or he goes in early, it WILL happen this time too!

Here's the vid from our first run. All I had here was cai/tune/offroad x/gears. This shows exactly how a passenger affects the turnout. Fwiw, the driver mod is about even as far as rowing the gears. He's never been down the track though, I've got ~100 passes in this car alone.
2012 Mustang 3.7l v6 vs Stage2 SRT4 + ls2 GTO - YouTube

Thanks for looking and giving any .02! :beer:

Bokeo

Established Member
I think it will be bus lengths from a dig even if your on your street tires. 35 or lower roll you will walk him good. I think his only chance will be a 50+ roll.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
I think it will be bus lengths from a dig even if your on your street tires. 35 or lower roll you will walk him good. I think his only chance will be a 50+ roll.
Im not quite that optimistic, lol, but I tend to shoot low, eases up on potential dissapointment lol! I hope you're right though! :beer:

God that neon is ugly. Punish him for being such an aesthetic abomination.

Its even worse now bro. He's since taken the blue stripes off, and fake-carbon fibered his hood and trunk (painted gloss black, lmao).

This is the best part.... His plates now read "TUCH DIS"....lmmfao! You have to have a pretty damn strong car to tote plates like that. Whether I win or get my ass busted, theres no call for those plates on THAT car! :loser:

When I get off work Im going to my dads house to get'em strapped on, bigs and littles. Dig runs are real hard to come by around these parts, but if he stays out long enough we can get them in.

Also, as of now, there should be 2 gopros on the scene, and we're trying to figure out the rider situation so we can get in-car vids. Trying to find a couple people that will equal out the weights of driver/passenger, that way its just comes down to driver and hp/tq! :rockon:

19935.slow

Established Member
Stock turbo with race gas making 260? Local guy here runs 11's on the stock turbo all day. Easy kill for you man.

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Its even worse now bro. He's since taken the blue stripes off, and fake-carbon fibered his hood and trunk (painted gloss black, lmao).

This is the best part.... His plates now read "TUCH DIS"....lmmfao! You have to have a pretty damn strong car to tote plates like that. Whether I win or get my ass busted, theres no call for those plates on THAT car! :loser:

Sweet mother of god. He could have at least had them vinyl wrapped with a carbon fiber-look vinyl if he wanted to cheap out. What a turd.

If you don't toast him I think I should make a road trip down to Lynchburg with the Cobra just to punish him for putting those plates on his crapmobile.

stangposse

Established Member
You got destroyed in that 1st run...... that waaaay more than a passenger's weight difference, unless he weighed 350+lbs!. Seems more like he was sandbagging on the other runs. Good luck anyway! Post results!

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Passenger was my 330lb 6ft2 brother....

edit... fwiw after the bigs n littles and other mods since ill have 100+lbs off my car since our last run

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
260whp on race gas??? Sounds like he has no clue what he is doing...hope u beat him from roll and dig

Vigilante375

Established Member
Any the end of the day, it's still a skittle and tastes great!

Let your big brother out, get a mount or borrow a GroPro from someone to get that point of view we all like to see. I don't see why you won't beat that skittle.

Last edited:

Fooln Ya

Established Member
I'd say I have the epitimy (sp) of a base model mustang. Not only a v6, but a base-model v6, lol. Only options it had was the "v6 stripe" and the little spoiler.....

Looking like I may just be on the dr's, not running the fronts I don't think. But it's cool, I'm glad dad is letting me put some miles on his micky's until I can find a used set of slicks for my 15in Racestars.

My brother is riding out with me, but he won't be riding. Either we're gonna have close to equal rider/driver weights, or only gopro vids.

Users who are viewing this thread