Going blow thru

isdnmatt

Established Member
Alright, I think I'm gonna go ahead and change my setup. I'm thinking of using a Pro-M univer. 3.5" with my 42lbers. The LMAF I have now is not only getting pegged, but is very sensitive to my bypass position (surge).

See pics of my setup here

Now, I'm not sure exactly how I should go about this, but I believe I can cap off where the bypass is currently and cut a large enough gap for the meter to fit there. Then I could attach the bypass to the supply tube of the IC (not pictured).

Is there any other solution? Where can I buy some extra piping cheaper than what Vortech wants for them?

Thanks,

Matt

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
You said you want to relocate your bypass valve to the supply hose of your intercooler? Where do you plan on having the dumped air routed to?

Most bypass valves I've seen (and on my WRX as well) are mounted AFTER the IC. Something about recycling already hot air to be heated even more doesn't sit well. Better to cool it in the middle.

Having always had my MAFs mounted right after the filter, what is the upside to having yours way up by the throttle body with a bend in the intake right ahead of it?

Sure, buy the larger MAF, but I'd put it in the fenderwell with your filter.

Users who are viewing this thread