Going back to dealer after 200 miles What the F*ck is wrong

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
After going to the dealer for leaky rear and brakes locking now I heard a grinding sound coming from the harmonic balancer, smoke fill the inside of the car and this is just 200 miles from my last visit. I really starting to think that I might have to sell this lemon and I do really love the car but when is gonna stop.:fm: Here I go to the dealer once more.

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
wow my dealer won't touch anything on my drive train now. Your lucky.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I hear ya. I'm cobra-less for at least a week. I come so close to selling this thing, but everytime I put on another mod I fall in love all over again.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
You are running a KB with 19#s of boost and you have an engine problem, and think this is Ford's (you said lemon) or your dealer's fault?

Get serious.

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
You are running a KB with 19#s of boost and you have an engine problem, and think this is Ford's (you said lemon) or your dealer's fault?

Get serious.

So you think just because I have a KB that is the cause of my problem? I think maybe you just need to work for a ford dealer; we have many owners with 100% stock cars having problems besides if the KB is reason the car is having problems and Ill take full blame for it but I will find out soon if that is the cause.

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove

Get serious.

:lol1:

My car has had several trips to the dealer (stock). Eventually, Ford worked out my issues.

I don't doubt that stock Cobra's come in with problems... Ford will get it right most of the time...

Changing pullies is one thing... putting a KB an 19lbs is another.

Sorry that your having problems but... I wouldn't pin this on Ford.

Good luck with your problems man. I hope you get them all figured out. Just don't plan on Bill Ford footing the bill.

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Like I said before
1- leaky rear- not a KB related problem
2- Brakes failure- not KB related
3- Grinding sound coming from lower harmonic balancer, maybe bad idler pulley who knows but positive it has nothing to do with a KB and 19psi, I understand that a dealer will find anything that is modded a void the warranty even if that was not the cause of the problem, I also understand that many people will not even try to go to the dealer is they have mods, but then again I will go a see what happens.
Sorry guys I just wont post anything negative about the cobra ,I know some people cant stand when someone post about failure of the car. End of story.

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
ruben forget about what the other fockers are saying, assumption is an idiotic habit and they got it bad.

bro, its kinda rare for the harmonic balancer to go bad. u sure thats the noise? tensioner have known to go bad & i seen it fail at the track my self. maybe some other spinning problem?

i wouldnt give my car to ford to fix the rear dif., even if they paid me for it. why not upgrade to 4:10's or 3:90's and get the shop to use the right RVT ;)...one solution.

as for the breaks..., maybe a new master cyl. :shrug: i just got lucky with Galpin but id be pushing my luck right now if i turned her in for warrantee work?

there are other dealers that might work on it with some assurance that they will get the job right.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
listen around each of your idlers, they have a tendency to go bad (bearings on them) doesnt matter if they are stock or aftermarket they seem to go bad eventually anyway.

not sure if the KB has anything to do with it, might be impacted more by belt tension (like being too tight). but i think they go bad either way.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Just take off the blower serpentine belt and then start it and listen for the noise...if there is no noise...atleast then you know is most likely one of the idlers or tensioner...

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
ruben forget about what the other fockers are saying, assumption is an idiotic habit and they got it bad.

bro, its kinda rare for the harmonic balancer to go bad. u sure thats the noise? tensioner have known to go bad & i seen it fail at the track my self. maybe some other spinning problem?

i wouldnt give my car to ford to fix the rear dif., even if they paid me for it. why not upgrade to 4:10's or 3:90's and get the shop to use the right RVT ;)...one solution.

as for the breaks..., maybe a new master cyl. :shrug: i just got lucky with Galpin but id be pushing my luck right now if i turned her in for warrantee work?

there are other dealers that might work on it with some assurance that they will get the job right.

What he said.....and try trouble shooting like removing the KB belt to see if that changes anything, ETC. Take your time and you will find your problem. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread