Goin to the track..

NastySVT

KindofaBigDeal
Established Member
Ok so wed looks nice clear and 60, and im thinking about taking the cobra for its first run at the track. Its a street night which usually means not the best of track conditions but last weekend was rained out and looks like this weekend comming up is gonna be wet too. What the hell go have some fun. Now im running 18x10 saleen chromes with 295/35 BFG KDW2s out back and curious as to how people have done launching w/ these? What was your pressures and launch technique. I dont expect great 60fts but would be happy w/ anything around 2.0 or better. Im running eibach sportlines as well. Does heating these tires up help or no? Any suggestions from those w/ experience appreciated. Thanks guys
Mods in Sig

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Spin the tires over a little to clean them, nothing more.
Full pressure or at least 25 or so.
Letting out too much on street tires hurts more than it helps.

Start at about 2500rpms on the 3rd yellow start comming up on the clutch while going down on the gas.
Just ride the clutch out, don't dump it.
Let out on the clutch faster each time until you get wheel spin.
then back off.

If it bogs or you get it down pat at 2500rpms then try 3000 and so on until you can't launch any harder without lighting the tires up.

Personally about 3500 like this on street tires netted me many many 1.8 60's so it can be done.
But I also have been doing this a very long time. It takes practice. (And a good prepped track) lol

It will be harder for you with that much HP though.

NastySVT

KindofaBigDeal
Established Member
Ya ive got a lot of driving experience and a good amount of track time. I dont wanna push this thing that hard and wont be powershifting. Just wanted to see how people performed with these tires and prep. thanks ill try out what you said see how good i get.

Users who are viewing this thread