Goin big or goin home

LightningCrazed

Black02
Established Member
I am about to be ordering a KB here in the next month and i am wondering how much power i am looking at being around, I am on a stock block with a 6lb lower,tr6s,SCT programmer, magnaflow mids and mufflers, and an open air intake. And is getting a KB with the 6lb Lower better than running a ported eaton with a 6 lower, talking blowing my motor wise. I am thinking i will only run 13 degrees of timing with the KB for the street that too safe or could i bump it up a lil more. Thanks for the in put.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
If you get 93 octane where you live you can easily run up to 15-16 psi and 16* timing on a good street dyno tune. This should net you 450+ rwhp. In order to reach full potential you will need to replace other components. If you haven't already, read the FAQ thread sticky in this forum, there is a section on this topic contained within.

Welcome to SVTP!!

fullboogie

Established Member
As Fade said, don't forget the "supporting cast". I almost bought a used KB, until I realized I forgot to include injectors, an SCT 2400, and a retune. That amounted to another $1,000+, so I had to bag out on it.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
You don't NEED all that stuff unless you plan to raise the boost above @14#. I just found out the FAQ was moved to the how to section as well.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
welcome to the site. these guys already got it covered for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread