Go-Karting is so much fun!

Detroit_Doc

Established Member
Kart racing rocks! I raced karts for 2 years and then moved up to a formula car in the SCCA. Racing karts was more fun and a heck of a lot less money. They have classes for kids and adults. I had about $3500 into my kart. I spent maybe $50/week to race. Cheap fun. They pull 2-3Gs in the corners.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
WKA is a serious league...a good friend races Alky briggs class or something like that...his cart is insane. it was monitored doing just over 110 or so in the draft around Daytona Int Spdwy. be careful though...a good few of his buddies have been killed racing.

goobernoodles

Established Member
hahaha @ the slapfest, only to see their karts get smashed into.

and then the guy near the end that was stumbling like a friggin retard.. HAHAHA wow someone was seein stars.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
I used to race karts. Back in the day, it was fun. I have a 125cc shifter kart that I havent driven in some time. Down the front straight at PIR 125mph.

Mike

Demonicbird00

10 second club
Established Member
ive been racing karts since i was 11. its not as bad as what you see there. and if/when it happens most of the time there arent any injuries.

check here for more info on getting into karts
www.worldkarting.com

www.woodbridgekartclub.org << based out of northern Va and race every month at Summit POint,WV

this weekend theres a WKA National race down at Barber Motorsports in Birmingham AL.

-brandon

Demonicbird00

10 second club
Established Member
yeah ages range from 5yrs up till you die. my best friends grandfather is 71 and he still races, hes been racing since the 50s when it started.

theres alot of different engines you can use.

Yamaha KT100
Briggs engine
125 moto engine
250 moto engine
Parillia

those are the more common enines.

-brandon

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
i have a 125cc shifter as well. i road race stock cars and this is what we use to train with. when you get these things on a kart track, things happen at the same rate of speed as a fast open wheel car. nothing like F1 or champ car, but more like an atlantic or formula mazda. id say they accelerate like a 450rwhp fox. theyre tons of fun as well as an awesome training tool.

Users who are viewing this thread