GMS weight jacker LCA damage ( pics )

jeffsvt

Established Member
I went to the track Saturday to get some passes in and on the first pass I made it about 20ft before the car bogged down leaning hard to the driver side . I got out thinking who knows what the hell I broke this time looked under the car and saw my LCA broken in half . It broke the LCA , brake line and screwed up my 4 passes only Hoosier QTP . I got everything fixed today and put in my old MAC control arms and it's back up and running .

Pictures of the carnage .

GMSLCA.jpg

GMSLCA2.jpg

GMSLCA3.jpg

GMSLCA4.jpg

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Granatelli Motor Sports, right?

Wow, nice breakage pics. They really look thinwall. And the extra bonus rust rotting them from the inside out.

Sorry to see your damage man, glad it was not worse, sure could have been.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
glad you're ok! breakage like that at speed that can really raise a person's pucker factor.

can you tell from the fracture if it happened from top to bottom, or from bottom to top? i'm guessing the weld failed first, but i cant tell from the pics.

i only ask because im curious. failure analysis fascinates me.

jeffsvt

Established Member
Yes postban you are correct Granatelli Motorsports . I was quite surprised when I pulled them out to see how thin the wall was . And the luckily it happened right on the launch and really didn't get any speed going because that could have been bad .

Shelbyguy they broke from the top to the bottom . The initial squat of the car caved them straight down .

droptop351

HP maniac
Established Member
there was a post on corral.net about granatelli arms breaking and turned into a big flamefest with the guy from granatelli showing up it was good read but i be darned if I cant find it atm

My03

Banned
I just bought some of these. The fitment was shit and after seening this Im taking them off the car and getting another brand. Thank god nothing happened to you.

Users who are viewing this thread