GMC Syclone

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
I am looking at a 91 Syclone right now. Does anyone have any experiences w/ them as far as driving, reliability, parts finding, forums, modding, etc....???? This vehicle is a bit rough and will need some work. I might take a day off work and look at it(180mi away). My bro looked at it this weekend since he was traveling close to it. He thinks it is mechanically sound but, it is rough. "Similar to buying a Fox Body" is what he said. He is a GM tech and works as a mechanic for 2-3ish years.

THanks

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
Buy it, debadge it, fix it, big turbo it. LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.

(assuming you can talk people into racing it for money)

Evan5469

Established Member
Is it in the Crownsville/Annapolis MD area by chance? If so I know exactly where it is located and have driven past it a few times. Just from what I've seen driving by it appears to be in good condition as far as the body goes.

filmnews

Established Member
I work with a guy that has one. It runs low 10's and he has put a lot of money in it. He said that it was easy getting into the low 12's high 11's. He has since dumped thousands into it. It is very expensive to mod.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
haha im going to look at one on thursday.

check out SyTy/SGT Forums that place will give you all the info you need.

these trucks have a legacy of living on jack stands and are decently expensive to mod.

like stated above they can be dipped into the 12's and 11's for a fair price but after that its big bucks and lots of wrench time due to the fact that they are not reliable at all let alone trying to get one into the sub 11's and drive it every weekend.

expect it to be a garage queen ( not by choice )

i know what im getting myself into since im in the market for one, but frankly i dont give a damn.

good luck.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I would plan to keep this very stockish since I am going to mod my stang. The engine is "built" already though. It def. needs some TLC but, I am going to look at it Sat. and maybe get it.

btw, it is in Anchorage. Thanks for asking but, I moved to AK and havent updated my sig.

good forum link too, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread