GM Synchromesh???

pharmin2006

Established Member
Thanks, got it from a local dealer for $10.41. I really cant beleive the difference...it shifts slick as snot on a brass door knob!!!!

JerseySVT

Established Member
Go to Autozone and buy Pennzoil Synchromesh. Its the same thing as GM synchromesh. Even says so on the bottle.

GM Synchromesh: $10 a bottle
Pennzoil Synchromesh: $21 for 4 bottles

:beer:

edit: nevermind. old thread. just remember for next time, its a lot cheaper.

Last edited:

cdh027

Established Member
pharmin2006 said:
Thanks, got it from a local dealer for $10.41. I really cant beleive the difference...it shifts slick as snot on a brass door knob!!!!

I thought it was slick as snot on a greased door knob ? :D

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
is it really the same thing? do you get the ATF kind for automatics? i would think not but i'm not sure

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
thanks dude, now i can go to autozone and get that. 4 of them should be enough from what i hear

Willie

Established Member
I do not think the Pennzoil Synchromesh is identical to GM's. In fact, GM does not publicize the ingredients of their formula. It must be a deep, dark secret so Pennzoil's cannot be the same. Coke / Pepsi??? I say stick with a proven winner and get GM's.

Because I'm basically a GM guy that still owns a pair of Camaros, I'll share what I know about where to get it:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com

Enter the following part number: 12345349

You will find it sells for $5.94 per quart. Far less than $10+ at the dealerships.

pestilence

Established Member
Jesus I knew you GM guys were good for something, and now we know what that something is haha. Thanks Willie you da man.

Willie

Established Member
I married into a GM family. My father-in-law is a 30-year GM guy. Funny how I sold my Cougar and bought my first new car, an '83 Camaro one month before I picked up my future wife for our first date at her parent's house. I can only imagine what would have happened if I picked her up in my Cougar. I did not know about her family's GM lineage at that time. Maybe we wouldn't have married????

Conversely, can you imagine what it was like showing my father-in-law my Lightning when I bought it about two years ago, then my Cobra six months ago? Get this: My brother-in-law (who still works for GM in Michigan) was visiting my in-laws here in Arizona last Christmas. I bought the Cobra while he was here. He was the first person to see it when I drove home with it. When I popped the hood, you should have seen his jaw drop.... it was cool.

BTW, my first car was a '69 Mach I and my second was a '70 Boss 302.

Willie

Users who are viewing this thread