GM Convert Needs Some Advice

QUADCAM-J

Established Member
Hey Guys, just thought I would post up and introduce myself. I just recently bought a 97 Cobra with 53k and, well I need some advice. I have always been a GM guy so this is new territory for me and I'm a little lost.
I bought the car, and I have to say there is a definate difference in interior quality and from what I can see overall build quality.....maybe this is why 2v GT's were out-selling much faster LS1 cars?

Now for my questions, when I got the car it did not feel like a 300 horse car, so I threw a 4.10 to it and that helped.... not enough though; so last weekend I put a X-pipe and Mac Cat-back on and that helped a little too. See my goal is to stick with a 03/04 or cammed LS1's in the 1320 on all motor, is this possible or am I working towards something that will not happen. The next mods will be headers and a cai, but where to after that? How about cams? Gonna Seafoam it later this week surely that will help some.

I have never used spray, it's a little scary, and boost isn't in the budget at the moment, so can you guys steer me in the right direction so I can stop losing to my LS1 buddies?

Users who are viewing this thread