GM announces official C6-Z06 power rating

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
GM Is First To Certify Horsepower and Torque Under New SAE Test Procedure

Corvette Z06 now rated at 505 horsepower

Detroit - General Motors has become the first manufacturer to certify its horsepower and torque rating using the new Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) test procedure J2723. The 7.0L LS7 engine for the 2006 Corvette Z06 is the first to be certified under the new test procedure at 505 horsepower @ 6300 rpm and 470 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm.

Link

roadracer247

Established Member
Cool BUT, that car is out of my price range. Guess I will have to wait a few years till I can buy one... :(

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
They are still rating them at flywheel horsepower, right? Either way, that's pretty sweet that GM would actually "certify" their car's hp...even though most of the new SRT's are putting down close to 500rwhp...

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
They are still rating them at flywheel horsepower, right? Either way, that's pretty sweet that GM would actually "certify" their car's hp...even though most of the new SRT's are putting down close to 500rwhp...
dynosheet.jpg

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Sounds like a force to be reckoned with! I'll never own a Vette tho, way outta my price range. But this reminds me of another topic. These two stupid hillbillies at school keep telling me that all of Ford and Chevy's hp ratings are at the wheels. The old ZO6 put 405 to the wheels, Cobras put 390 to the wheels, now they're going to tell me that the new ZO6 puts 505 to the wheels. And I can't wake them up to the truth no matter what the f**k I tell them. Where did this rumor start?!?!

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Kovachian said:
Sounds like a force to be reckoned with! I'll never own a Vette tho, way outta my price range. But this reminds me of another topic. These two stupid hillbillies at school keep telling me that all of Ford and Chevy's hp ratings are at the wheels. The old ZO6 put 405 to the wheels, Cobras put 390 to the wheels, now they're going to tell me that the new ZO6 puts 505 to the wheels. And I can't wake them up to the truth no matter what the f**k I tell them. Where did this rumor start?!?!
That's why I posted the dynograph of the viper. Although they DID dyno at over 500rwtq, their horsepower isn't 500 stock at the wheels.

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
Uh, True the rating for the 03/04 Cobras is conservative however, they on average make 360 to the tires not 390.

Users who are viewing this thread