Glock owners chime in

StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
Im in search of a new carry gun. I typically carry a Springfield XD9 service model or Kahr CW40. The Xd i love,dont plan on getting rid of it. The Kahr is nice for its size, light weight and thin. But single stack mag with only 6 rounds,not the most accurate. id probably sell it to fund the next one.

After a range trip yesterday with my boss, Ive taken a liking to the g19. Ive alays had a hang up with Glocks.. They are just so plain. im not concerned about a question of reliability.

Id probably look for a used 2nd or 3rd gen. whats an about average price for said generations, and any mods that you'd recommend. I know there's a ton available for Glocks.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I have a G23 and love it. If you join GSSF.com you geta coupon to buy a brand new gen 4 for like 500 even. If you want an older one at least get a gen 3 with the rail which go for around 450-500 used

Extended slide and mag release along with night sites are all worthwhile.

Last edited:

StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
g23 is the compact 40? Well my boss has his FFL, so usually whatever the cost is, is what id pay. I think i'll hunt for a 3rd gen first.. depending on the prices i find them at used, might just go new.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I have a G23 for my carry and I love it. I have a third gen and I like the way it fits my hand.

New they sit around 5 bills. Used about 100 less but I don't like to buy used pistols unless I know the person who bought it new or it's a classic.

StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
well i found a used 3rd gen 23,3 mags with night sights for $475 on floridaconcealedcarry.. gotta unload this Kahr first. :/

another thing about the g19 i liked,it had a trigger job to ~3.5 lbs? should probably fire a stock one first?

beeradd

Established Member
Glocks are awesome, i have a G22 and the only complaint I would have is the sights are not the greatest.
When I carry I like to use my Smith and Wesson M&P supcompact .40
It is basically the same thing as a glock but looks nicer and is more comfortable in my hand. Great gun and I have a better group with this one than my full size glock lol

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I conceal carry a G17 3rd Gen. Its a great pistol, very accurate, fits my hand really well and extremely reliable. However, trying to conceal a full sized sucks. I have an athletic build so my weapon prints in just about everything I wear. Its fine during the winfter when I can throw on a jacket but I wish I had a G19 to make it easier. The only real mod I have on mine is the tritium night sights, they are a nice upgrade.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I carry a G27 since i have a CHL here in TX, it's small, a .40 and very reliable, so I trust it. I prefer my Sig but the same size model in Sig is about $500 and only has 5 rounds.....for $325 and 9 rounds later i'll keep my Glock on my hip....

StockD15b

HID guru
Established Member
Check out the new Smith and Wesson Shield.

Product: Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD
Im trying to go with a double stack,allthough those single stacks come in handy when you really need to be concealed.

I conceal carry a G17 3rd Gen. Its a great pistol, very accurate, fits my hand really well and extremely reliable. However, trying to conceal a full sized sucks. I have an athletic build so my weapon prints in just about everything I wear. Its fine during the winfter when I can throw on a jacket but I wish I had a G19 to make it easier. The only real mod I have on mine is the tritium night sights, they are a nice upgrade.

Yea, my Xd is full size, and im constantly double checking my shirt to make sure its hasnt gotten stuck ontop the butt.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Love Glocks

I carry a G23 daily. I where jeans and a polo or tee shit most of the time. For me it fits me perfect for IWB.

However for summer carry, not that great if you want to wear some light weight shorts and a tee.

I am looking at a CM9 before short season hits in MI

Last edited:

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
G23 3rd gen with a 3.5lb pull trigger connector and a LaserMax Guide Rod Laser.

chinchilla

Established Member
G30, .45 here, love it and haven't had a single problem yet, about 1000 rounds through it. Waiting to get my cwp back, but it should work just fine to carry.

rondog622

Established Member
I carry a glock 21 for work. It is a fat heavy gun. It is a great operating and reliable weapon. But very hard to carry concealed. I have a SA1911 that i love it is a single stack mag but carries both summer and winter fine. You could get a smaller framed 1911 for that much better of a carry. Plus you can mod and customize the hell out of them. If you do like the glock i recommend the slimline model. I have been told the s&w m&p are alot thinner than the glocks with dbl stack mags.

Non_Sequitor

Established Member
I carry a G19 concealed, and I love it. It eats whatever ammo I put through it, and it never fails to go BOOM when I pull the trigger. It's also fairly accurate to boot. I have the tritium night sights on mine, and they are nice to have. It carrys well in the waist band, but a single stack weapon is better in light-weight clothes. I think I'm going to pick up one of Ruger's LC9s for summer time with shorts and tee shirts though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread