Global Warming

93blkbeauty

One word, bad ass
Established Member
Was just watching something on CNN about global warming. Anyone else think we might still be coming out of an iceage? I know us humans are speeding the process up but I thought its totally plausable even though I don't really know a lot about the subject.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Re-hashed for the umpteenth time on this forum- Global Warming is REAL.

The real question is what or who is causing Global warming. The AlWhore types would have you believe that we evil humans are solely to blame. Others say that we are coming out of an iceage. Personally I simply believe that the earth goes through cycles of warming and cooling- this has occured and has been documented throughout history. We just happen to be going through a warming cycle right now. The myopians (IMHO) who can't see and haven't bothered to look past the early 1900's only look at the recent warming trend and automatically assume that humans are responsible.

I'm sure my good friends esqueddy and ZNusNV will be more than happy to tell you the liberal version of events- libs, take it away!!!

03CobraBro

Established Member
I beleive it but I dont think its nearly as bad as they make out. If we went strictly by the predictions that they made in the late 80's, half of Indianapolis should have been sitting knee deep in lake michigan by the year 2000, which is not anywhere close to the case.

03DOHC

Established Member
Mach1USMC said:
Re-hashed for the umpteenth time on this forum- Global Warming is REAL.
For the umpteenth-bazillionth time, global warming is the buzz words used in the context "man made global warming". The tree huggin hippy crowd invented the the word and it has a context. You're obviously not old enough or you would know that it used to be global cooling, which was also blamed on humans. When the predicted end of the world didn't come they changed the name to global warming. When THAT didn't happen they changed the name to global climate change, which encompasses EVERYTHING so they can never be wrong.

If the climate models work they should be able to press rewind and tell you what the weather was in 1692, but they can't. They can't predict anything further out than 5 days.

It is a political movement, PERIOD.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Asking for an educated opinion on global warming on this site is akin to asking a remedial 9th grade class in a public school to solve a plane wave equation. Good luck!:beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
Asking for an educated opinion on global warming on this site is akin to asking a remedial 9th grade class in a public school to solve a plane wave equation. Good luck!:beer:
I've a lot of "education" on the subject. It is the same people/movement who blamed the ozone hole on us and said we'd all die if we didn't return to nature. The same people who created the alar scare and decimated the apple business overnight over absolutely nothing. The same people who said human activity caused bird eggs to have soft shells. DDT, save the whales, spotted owls, logging, ad nauseum. The same people who predicted last year would be the worst hurricane season on record with death and destruction the world has never seen. I don't think there was one hurricane. NOTHING they ever claimed came true. A claim IS NOT proof of anything.

It is and always was a political movement with the goal being power for them and communism for the rest of us. Algore buys carbon offsets instead of practicing what he preaches. He's the chairman of the firm that sells carbon offsets. He flies around in private jets, rides in limos and owns mansions. He needs to walk the walk.

Lightning Steve

Established Member
This morning on the radio they were going on and on about just how "HOT" it is for mid May. It was 75 out, that's mormal! If you keep telling people some thing is wrong long enough most people (sheep) then start to believe it. I watch the news and weather every day and on the local weather they show the temp for the day and also the record highs and lows (this covers a span of about 60 years) and guess what not once in the last year has the temp been a record. But they always say just how unseasonably hot or cold it's been and yet it has always fallen right between the recorded highs or lows.

taronis

Banned
93blkbeauty said:
Was just watching something on CNN about global warming. Anyone else think we might still be coming out of an iceage? I know us humans are speeding the process up but I thought its totally plausable even though I don't really know a lot about the subject.

UM, BAD ASS IS TWO WORDS.

And I'll bet that you "don't really know a lot about" MANY SUBJECTS.

LEAST OF WHICH: ENGLISH...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA another soul dragged to SMACKDOWN.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
I too know a fair amount about the subject:shrug:

The earth has undergone a change in average temperature throughout history (all 4 billion years of history not just the last few thousand) And the shifts have been pretty dramatic. We are actually in a period of relative stability as far as temps go.

Here are some other fun facts
  • There is no 'hole' in the ozone layer. It is a naturally occuring thin spot at the south pole that grows and shrinks
  • CFC are heavier than air. (Meaning they fall rather than rise). How do man made CFCs affect the ozone???
  • Mt St Hellens blew more CFCs into the upper atmosphere then mankind has made.
  • The climate models that the Doom-sayers use, conveniently leave out balancing affects that mitigate the changes of a little more CO2 in the atmosphere

As 03DOHC says, it is propoganda. Half truths and assumptions that some are using to tell everybody else how to live / what to do. Personally, I think it rather arrogant for people to say man is having that big of an effect on the earth. Frankly, we aren't that powerful or important.

Ride Along

i has an avatar!
Established Member
tell-me-when-its-over.jpg

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Lets stop making excuses for ourselves... as we are FU*K*ng up our own planet... we are too arrogant to even deny it! So for the For the umpteeeeeenth-baziiiiiiiillionth time.. It’s real & stop wining.

MonkeysL

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
Lets stop making excuses for ourselves... as we are FU*K*ng up our own planet... we are too arrogant to even deny it! So for the For the umpteeeeeenth-baziiiiiiiillionth time.. It’s real & stop wining.

please show me the FACTS its anything but a natural occurance. we can do NOTHING about nature

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
MonkeysL said:
please show me the FACTS its anything but a natural occurance. we can do NOTHING about nature
Algore said the debate was over so it just has to be true. Welcome to the new religion.

03DOHC

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
Stupid is as stupid does.

Users who are viewing this thread