glasspacks

joec

Established Member
Does anybody have glasspacks? If so, any sound files to let me hear what they sound like?!

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
I hope you find what you're looking for but just to ask, why do you want those? They are so crackly and poppy that they sound like a harley/an explosive fart. Magnapacks are very very loud, but have some tone to them.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
get magnapacks not glasspacks, they pop more than a standard muffler but at WOT it screams, literally.

byeofcr

Established Member
I have magnapacks, they are ridicously loud, i dont have any sound clips, but they take on an awesome tone after 2500 rpms, like stated, this thing SCREAMS at wide open throttle, if u decide to get them make sure to bake your neighbors (at least 6 house down) cakes, because they will hate you.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
I've got Magnapacks, and the ONLY time they pop is right after I start the car (I'm talking the first time I accelerate) if I take it above 5. But I get compliments on the sound all the time (stock exhaust manifolds and catted Bassani X is the rest of it.)

I've got some videos of it, but being on dial up, I can't send them to you...PM doubletrouble, I sent them to him, he might still have them.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
yea the popping has to do mainly with your A/F ratio, when i was really really rich they popped like crazy. but know that its leaner and closer to normal it doesn't pop at all.

CaliSS2001

Established Member
I had Summitt bullitt mufflers with my stock H and it sounded pretty good, BUT when the O/R H when on it sounded horable.

Talyon

Bleed Blue
Established Member
I have glasspacks on my 97 cobra. Ive had them for 2 years and the sound is great!!! soft and rummbley at idle and screaming at W.O.T. for daily driveing its great. much less obnoxious and raspy than other systems. i have stock headers,mid and tail. so that might have somthing to do with what I call a real mustang sound. I dont get that hollow sound like flowmasters.
the tone is good through out the rpm range with a little resanence at 2K rpm.

the sound is rich, full and mean. midus called them wildcats theyre cheap just try them, midus 150.00 installed (welded)
I was hesitant to untill i heard them.

Last edited:

CaliSS2001

Established Member
BTW they sound fine with X pipes just not H pipes because the tone w/ an O/R H is WAY tooooo deep sounded like a red neck tractor w/ the bullitts.

Users who are viewing this thread