Giving a speech tomorrow...

DrZacharyus

Banned
On gun control, obviously I am against more stringent laws with gun control. The speech has to be 4-6 minutes long which is not too bad. I plan on starting off with a story I have where my friend and I had a gun pulled on us due to road rage. What main points would you guys like to hear or hit on if you gave a speech? The audience is friendly and is 18-55.

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
gun control means hitting what you are aiming at.
guns are inanimate objects,they do not shoot people , people shoot people.
guns are powerful, they can turn the biggest wimp into the biggest badass just by carring one.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Dont forget to add in all the nations that have suffered from genocide due to gun control, and the nations that gun violence has risen in since gun control.

01tahoe

Established Member
Discuss the importance of the 2nd Amendment and look up some facts showing that Gun Control increases crime. Maybe point out how criminals will have guns regardless but taking away guns from law abiding citizens makes them nearly defenseless.

DrZacharyus

Banned
Yeah, I can almost do this extemporaneously. My plan is to show my story where I had a gun pulled on me and how regardless the criminal would have access to the weapon whether it was controlled or not. I will also point out England and Australia and how after their complete ban of weapons except some hunting rifles has caused an exponential increase is illegal handgun ownership and crime rates. Also cities and states inside the US such as Chicago, New York, and D.C. murder rates and how fast crime has risen after the more stringent laws. The fact that the 2nd Amendment is being attacked and how people should stand up for their rights, both natural and judicial, and not just let government affect their ability to protect themselves.

Palli

Established Member
Constitutional right, gun control means lawful citizens lose their guns and the criminals will keep theirs, people without guns are more easy to control. I could go on and on, I don't think 4-6 minutes is enough time to go through every point for the 2nd amendment.

Users who are viewing this thread