Gift registry

jk57

Established Member
My kids have gift registry's at Amazon for Christmas gifts for people to buy them like really....Question is why don't AM, LMR etc have them i would really enjoy filling one of those out and telling my kids go on there and check out my want list and pick out my present like a supercharger that would be a perfect addition to our stang ....Just a thought

CV355

_
Established Member
After a certain point, it just becomes a cash exchange.

Growing up, I remember Christmas and birthdays being about surprising someone with something they either needed or had hinted that they would like. It was more of a surprise. Opening a card and seeing a green $5 bill was like getting a wild card in UNO.

Then, the holidays and birthdays became... lazier. Cash started getting replaced with gift cards and the denominations started becoming almost "expected." Getting a physical gift in wrapping paper started becoming less common. I remember thinking "geez, if we all just went out and bought ourselves what we wanted, we'd had broke even all around." There just wasn't as much thought in it anymore.

I get the idea of a wedding registry- don't want to get 10 toasters. That makes sense. But, otherwise gift registries just seem too self-serving after someone outgrows letters to Santa. (just my opinion... no disrespect to anyone)

Of course, opening a heavy box and seeing a supercharger in it would kick some serious ass... But I don't expect that happening in my lifetime :)

Users who are viewing this thread