Giants: Will Hill suspended for 4 games as Sash returns

Dark02Pony

Established Member
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/10/will-hill-suspended-4-games-just-as-sash-returns

Just as one Giants safety’s suspension is officially over, another one’s suspension will begin.

Safety Will Hill, the former New Jersey prep star who bounced back from a troubled past to make the Giants this summer, was slapped with a four-game suspension on Monday for violating the NFL’s policy on performance-enhancing drugs. Hill claimed he was suspended for taking the prescription drug Adderall without filing the proper notification with the league.

Ironically, Hill’s suspension cleared the way for the Giants to activate safety Tyler Sash, who was suspended for the first four games of the season for violating the PED policy after he also claimed to be taking Adderall without notifying the league. That’s the same drug that earned running back Andre Brown a suspension during the offseason, though unlike Sash and Hill, Brown ended up winning his appeal.

Hill, in a statement released through the Giants, said he had a feeling trouble was coming over his use of Adderall shortly after he signed with the team on May 14.

“I received a doctor’s prescription for Adderall prior to signing with the Giants,” Hill said in the statement. “Shortly after signing with the team, I was in a meeting with (Giants director of player development) Charles Way, who reviewed the list of the league’s banned substances. I knew at that point that this may be an issue.

“I was tested and the results came back that Adderall was in my system. I appealed but lost the appeal. I accept full responsibility for this situation, and it won’t happen again.

Hill’s suspension will begin immediately. He is eligible to return to the Giants’ active roster on Monday, Nov. 5, just after their home game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Hill, who went undrafted in 2011 and did not play in the NFL last season, made the Giants after a tryout at rookie camp in May and made the team as one of the longest longshots this summer. He played in all five games and as injuries hit the Giants’ secondary he saw an increased role as both the nickel cornerback and the third safety.

On Sunday against the Browns he forced a fumble that was recovered by safety Stevie Brown and led to Giants touchdown. He has impressed the coaching staff with how quickly he’s learned the defense and has been excellent on special teams.

“The Giants have given me a great opportunity when nobody else would, and I don’t take that for granted,” Hill said in his statement. “I feel badly this has happened. I will work hard and stay in great shape these next four weeks so I can come back and contribute to this team after my suspension.”

Planter

Banned
dont need a separate thread for a no name nobody. post it in the nfl thread newb.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
We have a ****ing NFL season DEDICATED thread already. Are you RETARDED?

Users who are viewing this thread