GI Bill ???

99lightsvt

Established Member
Anyone on here using their GI Bill for school? When exactly do you get the money each month? I know that standard gov't pay is on the 1st and the 15th. What about the GI Bill?

RiffRaff04

Established Member
before i got drafted, i mean recalled, i was using it. Assuming you've already done the registration process, at the end of each school month you call a 800# that the VA gives you, and verify that you are still a student. Then they say you will get your payment in 7-10 days. The longest it took me to get mine was 5 days though.

Brian97vobra

Established Member
RiffRaff04 said:
before i got drafted, i mean recalled, i was using it. Assuming you've already done the registration process, at the end of each school month you call a 800# that the VA gives you, and verify that you are still a student. Then they say you will get your payment in 7-10 days. The longest it took me to get mine was 5 days though.

Yep what he said. Mine sure didn't last long though, i think you only get 36 months.
So you actually got recalled!?!?!?!?!?! I didn't think anyone was getting recalled???

RiffRaff04

Established Member
Brian97vobra said:
So you actually got recalled!?!?!?!?!?! I didn't think anyone was getting recalled???
I got to country with about 20 other IRR guys in my plt. There are alot of us around, lol.

wicked5_0

Established Member
RiffRaff04 said:

You no longer have to even call the number anymore to verify enrollment, they now get that directly from your school. Too many people verifying enrollment when they actually were not enrolled the whole time. The longest it has taken me to get my payment is a couple of days.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I just got my email to verify this morning. They send out an email at the end (or beginning) of the month and you verify electronically. Usually about a week later the money hits your account.

99lightsvt

Established Member
Yeah, I do the online verification, but still waiting for the funds. Found out that the amount has increased to $1075. Works for me. Going to Community College doesn't cost near as much as real college.

Users who are viewing this thread