Ghost Cam Tune??

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
So I know there are tons of threads on this, but nothing to recent. :bash:

I have a '14 GT (5-speed) and am looking to get a tuner and get this tune on the car, does anyone have any contact info for a shop that can build this tune?

Thanks

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
Lund made one for my 11 Steeda wrote the one for my 12 Boss... i dunno how much is different then 11 or 12 to a 14 but try one of those two as well...
Cat deletes? who knows... I have headers and high flow cats, no issues but those really arent cats unless they are 50 state legal so you can call it catless.

Last edited:

Fear the 5

Established Member
Gotta have cat deletes to run the ghost cam tune. Bama can get you a tune for free if you buy your tuner through American Muscle. Probably won't perform as well as AED or Lund but it's free if all you're wanting is the cam lope.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Lund Racing, AED, American Muscle (BAMA), They all can write you a ghost cam tune. But you'll need cat deletes and recommended CAI to run the tune or you'll foul up your cats from the excess fuel that's dumped. Like Fear the 5 said, AM's tunes are good but you'll ultimately be happier with a Lund or AED tune. Hope that helps

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I have seen it done. I don't know who it was through though, but I'm pretty sure with AM and Lund it needs to be a stick.

stang03

Mach 1 Fanatic
Established Member
My buddy has an auto and he is going through AED right now to get his done.

I am looking to get a lethal o/r X, and CAI at some point. They quoted me at $325, seems a little steep. Comes with 3 tunes.

Beefcake, sending you a PM.

stang8psi

Established Member
I think they all have a stalling issue from loading up so much.. that's why its just a novelty

goat-ee

Established Member
I have an AED Ghost cam tune on my 11' 5.0. I don't care for the way it gets rough coming to an idle upon decel and coming to a stop, but it has never stalled. The sound is cool, but not something for everyone. As stated by others, it's really a car show/meet thing. And really for just an extra $75, why the hell not!?!?

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
Can you do a cam tune with an auto?

I am working with Ortiz Performance in Texas to develop a ghost cam tune for an auto. The idle is great, the driving is good, it's that transition that takes some work.

Have to currently put the car in neutral when stopped or else it will try to lunge forward constantly due to the cam lope, and it has a tendency to try to stall out when you are coasting through turns. Doing more logging to get it done, should have it finalized this week.

Users who are viewing this thread