Ghost Cam Tune...

ldylkegt07

Established Member
Thoughts on a Ghost Cam Tune? --- Some say they see a significant drop in gas mileage (but let's be honest, if we were concerned about that we wouldn't be on here), any car bounce/shudder? I have heard one on a 5.0 but not a GT 500 yet, possible? Input greatly appreciated. Tuning the snake in two weeks.

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
I don't think you can do that on a 5.4, plus I've always hated the idea of them. People hate on people for putting fake badges on cars, how is this any different?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
These engines don't have VCT, so you can't change cam timing with a tune.

ldylkegt07

Established Member
Perfect. Thanks. That's what I thought. I was told you could at a meet this past weekend. Wanted to clarify.

Jon82387

Established Member
ok What is a ghost cam tune?????
In the new motors with variable cam timing you can have a tune made to where it sounds like you have a bigger cam in the car when actually it's still stock(the variable cam timing allows this) really no gain other than a nicer sounding idle.

tvspower

Established Member
Thanks everyone......Hey Booky ...Showed my wife your hood and she loved it....She said my birthday is coming up...OK WOW

ldylkegt07

Established Member
In the new motors with variable cam timing you can have a tune made to where it sounds like you have a bigger cam in the car when actually it's still stock(the variable cam timing allows this) really no gain other than a nicer sounding idle.

No real gain and it dumps a load of unburned fuel down the exhaust and ruins the cats.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Thanks everyone......Hey Booky ...Showed my wife your hood and she loved it....She said my birthday is coming up...OK WOW

Fair warning, make sure she / you is prepared to invest a good amount of money.

Unless you can fit, prep, paint and add your own vinyl, it adds up quickly. The purchase price of an unpainted hood is about 1/3 of the total cost when it is done.

Also, due to the height of the Cowl, unless you are tall you will probably not enjoy looking over the top of this hood while driving.

AV2UfDN.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread