GHIG, best sealer/wax

thundr306

Established Member
So, I picked up this 14 GHIG last September with low miles. Paint is in really good shape. I am looking for a finishing sealer/wax to give the color great depth. Car is garage kept and only driven on nice days/weekends, so it doesn't need to endure harsh conditions.

Any recommendations or actual products would be great. Would like to get it ready for spring!

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
There are numerous opinions on this, but, no wax is designed for a color specific car. This will come down to what you want out of a wax. Ease of use, shine, protection, etc.

I personally use Adams Polishes sealant followed up by Zymol Concours applied by bare hands to finish it up. I did one application a year ago and still have good water beading attributes left and plenty of slickness and shine.

What is your budget on a sealant wax? Are you able to apply the sealant by machine (Porter cable, griots garage DA, Flex, etc) or only by hand?

thundr306

Established Member
I am just looking for something to make the color pop. My last two colors have been flat, grabber blue and grabber orange.

I do have a PC 7424. Budget...I don't know, I'm not looking to spend a fortune. The car barely gets driven, so I'm sure one process will last the season.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
There are numerous opinions on this, but, no wax is designed for a color specific car. This will come down to what you want out of a wax. Ease of use, shine, protection, etc.

I personally use Adams Polishes sealant... I did one application a year ago and still have good water beading attributes left and plenty of slickness and shine.

I'm a big fan of Adam's products. I'd get these items and apply in this order

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/waxing-and-glazing/adam-s-liquid-paint-sealant.html - Sealant - Use a small amount and combine it on to a jeweling pad with some detail spray for added lubricity.

Then, this.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/waxing-and-glazing/adam-s-brilliant-glaze.html - Glaze - Won't really add protection, but, will make the sealant you just applied pop like crazy. Again, you can apply via machine or by hand. No need to add detail spray as this is already in a liquid form and not as solid as the sealant listed above.

Then, top it off with this.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/waxing-and-glazing/americana-premium-paste-wax4.html - Wax. American is a great budget wax and does add some protection, but, the sealant will be doing that job well enough. This will top off the shine of the glaze you just applied and is extremely easy to apply. Either, use the bare hand method or a soft application pad. Once this hazes, the wax comes right off. However, it does not contain any fillers and will not hide scratches and marring on the paint if there are any imperfections.

There is a discount Code for Adam's that gets you 10% off, just have to locate it. They have flat rate shipping often and free shipping over $100 and sometimes 15%-25% off, depending on the sale. Their customer service is top notch and the products reflect this as well.

Good luck.

+1 to ALL of this.

In general... Sealants provide the best protection and good shine. Carnuba waxes provide "deeper/wetter" shine, but don't last as long as sealants. Glazes provide extra "pop" before a show, but almost no protection. These products can usually be layered to meet your needs. When doing so, sealant should go down first, right after correcting the paint.

You'll find lots of great products, recommendations, and discussions in the Adam's and AutoGeek Forums. Whether you use their products or not, the experts at Adam's produced an informative set of videos to explain/demonstrate various aspects of detailing your car.

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I am just looking for something to make the color pop. My last two colors have been flat, grabber blue and grabber orange.

I do have a PC 7424. Budget...I don't know, I'm not looking to spend a fortune. The car barely gets driven, so I'm sure one process will last the season.

I'm a big fan of Adam's products. I'd get these items and apply in this order

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/waxing-and-glazing/adam-s-liquid-paint-sealant.html - Sealant - Use a small amount and combine it on to a jeweling pad with some detail spray for added lubricity.

Then, this.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/waxing-and-glazing/adam-s-brilliant-glaze.html - Glaze - Won't really add protection, but, will make the sealant you just applied pop like crazy. Again, you can apply via machine or by hand. No need to add detail spray as this is already in a liquid form and not as solid as the sealant listed above.

Then, top it off with this.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/waxing-and-glazing/americana-premium-paste-wax4.html - Wax. American is a great budget wax and does add some protection, but, the sealant will be doing that job well enough. This will top off the shine of the glaze you just applied and is extremely easy to apply. Either, use the bare hand method or a soft application pad. Once this hazes, the wax comes right off. However, it does not contain any fillers and will not hide scratches and marring on the paint if there are any imperfections.

There is a discount Code for Adam's that gets you 10% off, just have to locate it. They have flat rate shipping often and free shipping over $100 and sometimes 15%-25% off, depending on the sale. Their customer service is top notch and the products reflect this as well.

Good luck.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
There are numerous opinions on this, but, no wax is designed for a color specific car.

Actually,....not for a "specific" color, but the DODO Juice is probably the closest you can get for wax that is tailored to certain colors. Give them a look.
I personally use nothing but Zaino. :rolling:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Actually,....not for a "specific" color, but the DODO Juice is probably the closest you can get for wax that is tailored to certain colors. Give them a look.
I personally use nothing but Zaino. :rolling:

Tailored is not the word I'd use. Marketed, sure. There is no chemical composition that can detect the car paint your applying a wax to that will enhance it over another color.

Dodo juice makes decent waxes (I've used rainforest, supernatural, orange crush, blue velvet and purple haze) all of which were equally the same in terms of gloss enhancement on silver, white, blue, red, orange and black cars I've tested them on.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Tailored is not the word I'd use. Marketed, sure. There is no chemical composition that can detect the car paint your applying a wax to that will enhance it over another color.

Dodo juice makes decent waxes (I've used rainforest, supernatural, orange crush, blue velvet and purple haze) all of which were equally the same in terms of gloss enhancement on silver, white, blue, red, orange and black cars I've tested them on.

I stand corrected then!
lol

Users who are viewing this thread