Getting your car back after it's broken down, as exciting as getting a new car?

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Just a simple thread with little to no point, aside from opinion, haha.

Back in november, I blew a headgasket, and I'm sure a number of you have seen my threads, more specifically this one.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...make-2000-glass-delicious-chocolate-milk.html

Anyway, My car's been gone since December, and my good friend/moderator on the forum, Rich, has been building it for me since then. I decided to do a few upgrades while it was apart, and i'm sure you smart lads here at SVTP can guess what they are ;) :beer: But anyway, I honestly think that the anticipation of waiting for this car to get back up and running is just as exciting, if not MORE exciting, than waiting for the day I picked up my new terminator.

Rich has been sending me pics and videos every step of the way that have just added to the excitement, and i'm set to pick it up Saturday. Has anyone else been in this situation? Would you say the experiences are equal, or am I just ignorant? haha.

Sorry for the random, and to some i'm sure, pointless, thread, but I really just can not wait to get my Terminator back this weekend!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
and the excitement buildsss

23546_609062716693_42205091_34789645_1588415_n.jpg

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
you adding that big radiator fan thats sitting in front of it?
jk
you should be excited hell i would.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Did you place your order for one back then? Then wait 6-8 weeks? (maybe more lol)
I can understand your excitement though. Been there. :beer:

whipplecharged0

Established Member
I know exactly how you feel. My car has been down twice in the last 7 months and is fixing to be down again due to a bad rod. It is a very exciting feeling when you get your car back.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
hell i cant wait to get in my car tonight after finishing the suspension, and its only been down for a day so far.

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
I spun the #2 bearing on my crankshaft. The car sat for two months till one night I was shuffling around and found an interesting piece of paper called "Extended Warranty".

Two weeks later it had a new engine, Jesus Christ I was like a kid in a candy store.

Last edited:

03whippled

Banned
my cars been broken since i bought it and has been in the shop for 6 long months now. can't wait to finally drive it.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
My engine blew up last June and the new motor went back into the car in November.

But get this: One of the heads put on the new motor had been modified, so the valve cover didn't fit right and leaked. So after waiting 5 months and getting everything back together and had the car started, we had to pull the motor again and take it back to the machine shop for a new head.

Got it all done right before Christmas, just in time for one of the biggest snowstorms this area has ever had, which dumped 2 feet of snow. Didn't drive it for another month until the snow was gone. Drove it to work a few times and then we had another even bigger snowstorm and got almost 3 feet.

So yeah, out of the year I've owned my car, I've driven it maybe 4 months. Yes, I did upgrades with the new motor, but I think it'll be at about the same power. It's just louder now. Oh, and I'm selling it now too, so I'll be happy when I get a new car.

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Good news! Everytime I fix my car something else just breaks though :shrug:

Hopefully this isnt the case for you lol!

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
heh just finished my eaton supercharger swap and my damn rubber exhaust hangers crack, TWO of em.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
there is nothing like driving a car or riding a bike after a build, or rebuild.

purdueranger

Established Member
got my car tuned a couple weeks ago and still haven't been able to go WOT. :( hopefully that all changes this weekend when the new DRs come in.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
heh just finished my eaton supercharger swap and my damn rubber exhaust hangers crack, TWO of em.

:whine:

You're complaining about a $5 part that you can buy at Auto Zone, whose only function is to hold your exhaust in place. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread