Getting the 08 GT tuned...Evolution or JDM?

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Well I'm going to install a frount mount intercooler on my V3 blown GT. The canned/email tune that Brenspeed provided is spot on and safe, however with the addition of a FMIC, it's time to get a dyno-tune. Who do you guys prefer? Evolution Performance in PA or JDM Engineering in NJ? I know they both produce amazing cars.

Thanks,
Brandon

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Neither. Get it tuned by Jon Lund, who happens to do most of his tuning out of Evolution but I don't believe he works for them. It might be a little difficult to get a hold of him but it's WELL worth it!

Lund Racing - Sit down. Shut up. Hold on.

So if I just schedule something with Evolution, Lund would not necessarly be tuning the car?

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I wouldn't use JDM.....I went to Redline Motorsports near where I live and he had a Lightning on the dyno the JDM "tuned".....turns out they had the thing programmed for 42lb injectors when the thing was runnning 75's!!!! It took Howard some time to iron that thing out.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Get with Jason at CSS. He can set up a dyno tune with Lund at a shop near MIR. Not sure which drive is closer for us, but that is what I'm going to do for my F1A. I hope to be ready by the end of April. We may be able to get a slot together if you can wait a month. :shrug:

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Get with Jason at CSS. He can set up a dyno tune with Lund at a shop near MIR. Not sure which drive is closer for us, but that is what I'm going to do for my F1A. I hope to be ready by the end of April. We may be able to get a slot together if you can wait a month. :shrug:

Hey! I can definitely wait a month. It's been forever man, like years since I've seen your Mach. I was going to order a smaller pulley and get my i/c piping powdercoated anyway. If you're for sure you're going to get a tune in a month, I'll wait. PM me if you want.

I just want a legit and perfect tune (but who doesn't).

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Hey! I can definitely wait a month. It's been forever man, like years since I've seen your Mach. I was going to order a smaller pulley and get my i/c piping powdercoated anyway. If you're for sure you're going to get a tune in a month, I'll wait. PM me if you want.

I just want a legit and perfect tune (but who doesn't).

Well, for local tuners I have heard nothing but great things about Lund. I am still waiting for him to send me a canned tune so I can get it running, but I should definitely be ready in a month. I'll PM you my progress to keep you informed. PM "TRBO VNM" to let him know what's up (mention me), so Lund has a reason to come down and tune more than just me, hah.

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Well, for local tuners I have heard nothing but great things about Lund. I am still waiting for him to send me a canned tune so I can get it running, but I should definitely be ready in a month. I'll PM you my progress to keep you informed. PM "TRBO VNM" to let him know what's up (mention me), so Lund has a reason to come down and tune more than just me, hah.

I will! Do you know a ballpark range of what Lund charges?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Neither. Get it tuned by Jon Lund, who happens to do most of his tuning out of Evolution but I don't believe he works for them. It might be a little difficult to get a hold of him but it's WELL worth it!

Lund Racing - Sit down. Shut up. Hold on.

took the words right outta my mouth

Hermann is also not far from you OP...Hermann and Lund are both AWESOME!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
No, but PM "SYMach1" or "TRBO VNM" ...or those who have posted in this thread. I know its not expensive!

depends really...how many tunes does he want?

i know it's not cheap but it's not really expensive either lol

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
depends really...how many tunes does he want?

i know it's not cheap but it's not really expensive either lol

I mean, as long as it's within reason, I'm down. I'm one of those guys who doesn't mind paying the extra dollar for the better product. Patience is a virtue.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
For the record I've been running the same JDM canned tune since September of 06.
The car puts down 500rwhp and runs 11.139 on stock internals at full weight with roadrace suspension, 18 x 9.5" front wheels and swaybar still attached.

I brought it to JDM to get a custom tune done the following summer and after 2 dyno pulls Jim took it off the dyno and said don't spend your money on a custom tune it's perfect the way it is.

This was nearly 30,000 miles and 1,600 1/4 mile passes ago.

JDM certainly knows how to tune an S197 as does John Lund.

Users who are viewing this thread