Getting that nice exhaust sound

llDemonll

Established Member
I'm looking to upgrade my 94 cobra to something that will sound more like the older muscle cars at idle, so far the closest thing i have found is ciotti's mustang (bbk o/r h pipe and flowmaster 40's (then upgraded to magnaflow magnapacks which imo sound nicer) but im looking for that nice bubbly idle sound

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsaSFA_zngk"]YouTube - 1995 Cobra short exhaust video[/ame]

kinda like that, sound is kinda bad there so it sounds a bit raspy, but as of right now i'm thinking just the h-pipe will suit my needs. figure here is a good place to ask rather than spending a whole bunch of money i dont have experimenting.

thanks much =)

also i dont wanna upgrade to a 350+ engine, not yet at least =P

Last edited:

rgurleyjr

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
Then do not get an X-pipe, go with an H-pipe. My catless BBK H-pipe has a little rasp after letting off the car at high rpms, but it's nowhere near as bad as the rasp I had at all rpm's with an X-pipe!

306Stang

Established Member
my setup in the 97gt was mac offroad H and 2chamber flows. sounded great if i had another 2v i would go with the same setup. maybe even single chamber

had dr. gas off road x w/ 2chamber flows dumped in the yellow 95. sounded mean and pissed off but too raspy.

Last edited:

mystical

Established Member
O/R H with 40 flows or mac prochamber with mac produmps. Quintessential muscle car sound.

Users who are viewing this thread