Getting smoke smell out of car?

LaserCobra 98

Established Member
I hope this question fits here...

The previous owner smoked in my car.
It's funny because for once, that wasn't my first question. Anyways, luckily he only owned it for a few months before I bought it. The only time it smells smoky is when it's shut up for a few days. I don't want a perfume smell, just the smoke smell gone.

I was thinking about taking all the seats out and giving it a good vacuuming and cleaning the over-all piss out of it. I fear that the smell is in the headliner and air conditioning system.

Perhaps a few boxes of Arm&Hammer baking soda?

Ideas?

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
yank the seats and get someone with a shampoo machine. My mom has an industrial shampooer(sp) for our truck detailing business and it does great, but a bissel green machine from wal-mart will do the trick too. Just get the seats out and shampoo all the carpet, febreeze the headliner, let dry and set a couple boxes of baking soda in there anyways. It should help greatly, also wipe down everything you can with HOT WATER!! The smoke actually sticks to everything.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Mine was the same way when I bought it. I bought a couple can of "Tuff Stuff" and sprayed everything, even the windsheild. You could see the the smoke had put a yellowish tint on everyting...lol

Worked good, but shampooing like said above would work alot better!

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Dude steam your seats. Like a vapor machine or something like that. Or just buy a stick of cinnamon and leave it under the seat.

Laser were your dyno numbers from a mustang dyno?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread