getting smoke smell out of a car...

Orange Vert

EX CO-VERT
Established Member
Okay so I have 2 weeks to get a car because fall skrool semester starts. I found a 94 5.0 with under 100k miles owned by an older lady. It is in excellent mechanical, interior, exterior condition and priced uber cheap. The only problem is it reaks of cigarette smoke. I was getting sick just driving it around for 10 minutes.

Is there a way to clean all the smell out or em I best to find another stang?

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Won't be easy. You can try shampooing the seats (if they aren't leather) and replacing the carpet, but even then it will still be in the headliner and such. Good luck.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
You can place a bowl of vinegar in the back and front, for about a week, (recommend not driving it). The vinegar does smell pretty sour. but it also is good for absorbing the smoke smell.. The other trick that's helped me, is just Febreeze it daily to the smell is gone.

16kOrBust

Established Member
From what I hear, Febreeze is excellent at absorbing and eliminating that smell. I'm in the process of testing it out on a car at work. Your thread just reminded me to go check on the results from the first spraying. :lol1:

Krwy

Established Member
I've heard an open container of coffee grounds works as well. An ozone machine would work good. My stepmom had one in her PT Loser and it would kill any smell.

Fastboy

Established Member
I believe evntually it can go away with the advice above. Keep the windows open as much as possible.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
suck/spray lysol in the vents too after cleaning the cabin air filter....which i didnt know we had, haha.

What years did ford start putting those in?

Users who are viewing this thread