Getting slight seepage out of intercooler cap breather

jwcobra03

Established Member
As the title states,i'm getting some seepage out of the breather portion of the cap. This is on a Lethal/Moroso tank. The cap is sealing fine as all is fairly new but where the cap has that bolt with the breather is the issue. No fluid is coming out the cap seal to tank part. I know this could be an oring problem on the intercooler tubes. It only happens wot on a pull through a few gears not just a quick 2nd gear pull only. It's very minimal just a few drops of fluid. Before i go and remove the blower to replace orings, i'd just like a couple opinions on this. Intercooler pump is working fine as my charge temps stay consistent.
Thanks in advance.

jwcobra03

Established Member
Here is a pic just for reference. The part right by the gold spot on the cap tab. Pretty sure it's the orings like the above poster said.
32354697946_21fd181fbd_b.jpg

jwcobra03

Established Member
Yes, I tried another cap. The previous one leaked slightly around the cap seal. This one only leaked by the breather.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Do you see full boost?

Edit: I can't tell on my gauge right now, haven't hooked up the 3bar to my Aeroforce yet

jwcobra03

Established Member
I'm pullied for 18lbs. Which i have seen before my short block build .20 overbore and longtubes were added. Now i only see around 16lbs but it's 95* with high humidity down here. In the cooler months the car was seeing 16.5-17lbs even as much as 18lbs when around 50*.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Im not for sure. But are these style of caps vented? I know the stock style tank and cap are vented. So possibly the system is being over pressure and it has to come out somewhere. And btw my tank that is located in battery location leaks as well

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread