Getting rid of the Cobra

Trader

Established Member
Many many reasons. Just seems like such a waste to have a fast car and not take it to the track. Going to trade it in on a compact suv. Some lucky buyer is going to get a used 03 with headers and only 9 runs down the track.

SVTBlackBolt

SVT POISONED
Established Member
DAMN another Cobra for sale...ohh well I remember you though saying you wanted to get rid of it couple weeks ago,then I saw you get the wheels and thought you would keep it. I would sell all the parts off the WS6 and then sell it seperatly and keep the Cobra(newer,reliable,and lots of potential) but i guess either way theirs ups and downs to both sides.

Well best of luck.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I can't imagine not owning my Cobra. It's one of the reasons I get up in the morning. It makes me smile while I am driving to WORK. Maybe someone who truly wants one will buy it and Trader will be happy with his SUV and the new owner will love the Cobra. Everyone will be satisfied.

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Originally posted by Trader
Just seems like such a waste to have a fast car and not take it to the track.

I understand that. I'm bummed right now too. After sneaking in several 11 second runs at my local track (helps to go on a crowded night) I finally got busted. :nono: Either a roll cage or they told me I can come back if I run it with a large enough pulley so it won't run an 11. :cuss: You're right, do the standard mods and it's just too fast for most tracks to allow. Nevertheless, I don't think I would ever want to part with it.

Trader

Established Member
Practicality (sp) I just can not justify having to caged track cars. If i had to do it all over the cobra would be the track car and i would get rid of the formula. The only thing stock left in teh formula is the bottom end and the stereo.

Too much money to sell it. Only put 7k down on the 03 and the qmp headers. so 9k loss. plus the 10 months of payments for a hard hard lesson. I will get the xtended warraty cash back though, probably about 70% of it. and i am not upside down in it so the extra 1500 i can move towards another vehicle.

Could have bought a killer hot tub for that. :beer:

On a positive note the suv i am getting is a ford and my wife can take that and i can get a trailer for the formula, borrow her yukon and go to the track.

I thought about getting out of the fast car hobby, buit i am honest to myself and know that i just will not be able to stay away from a fast vehicle.

It all started with a moped i had when i was 15, thing went 60mph. :)

Users who are viewing this thread