Getting ready to sell my 98' w/ 27k miles

stevo350

Procharged 98 Cobra
Established Member
I've got a 98 cobra with 27,500 miles on it that I am getting ready to sell. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how much to ask for it. I was hoping you guys could help me figure this out. Like I said its a 98 cobra with 27k on it, white with tan leather, procharger w/ intercooler, 9psi boost, 50lb dw injectors, aviator fuel pump, custom dyno tuned, cat delete, c2 fuel press. and boost gauges, bassani exhaust, new centerforce clutch, driveline hoop, 18" saleen style wheels, Saleen body kit, S351 style spoiler. Car is in great shape...what do you guys think its worth??

Fox 5.0

Established Member
My buddy recently paid $12,500 for a 96 Mystic (literally nothing done to it) with ~35k miles and great paint/interior. You obviously have work done so maybe a little more?

96Mystic1189

Established Member
I would say $12-15k if you have a guy looking for a sn95 Cobra. It may take some time. It's an odd situation because the milage is so low, but yet most people think of big mods like that taking away value too.

CJK440

Established Member
Want to get the most? Unmodify it, sell the car as a low mileage cream puff and get what you can for the mods. If you want.

Otherwise I agree with the above. 12-14k depending on how is presented

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I think the low mileage is what it really has going for it. I've seen some much more heavily modified cars with the asking price between $12k-$15k. Built motor, transmission, rear, etc.

mustang3X

Established Member
I'll say around 14K, just have to get it listed and see what the response is, be prepared for a lot of tire kickers and low ball offers. GLWS

StayPuft

Established Member
Why would you price it over blue book? For the mods you put into it? 99% of people will not pay over blue book pricing. I know i wouldnt. I would never pay for someone else's mods. Either Demod it and sell it for stock or you'll be waiting a long time for that 1% of buyers.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Why would you price it over blue book? For the mods you put into it? 99% of people will not pay over blue book pricing. I know i wouldnt. I would never pay for someone else's mods. Either Demod it and sell it for stock or you'll be waiting a long time for that 1% of buyers.

You'd be surprised how many people will pay for mods, especially younger guys. For me personally, I usually like to find a stock or simple bolt on car, but if there's paperwork to back up who did the install/tune/built whatever, then I'd be willing to pay a little more to get a nicely modded car.

OP, around my area that'd be about a $12k car. GLWS!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
****ing svtp kills me with their broke ass opinions. 14.5k is KBB value for that car without the mods

It's not about being a broke ass. It's what you can pay for a comparable car that is driving the price of the SN95 cars. No offense, but if it was just SVTPerformance that had such "broke ass" opinions, you car would be sold by now because I'm sure you've got it listed other areas.

OP, in my opinion your problems is going to be that mileage or not, at the end of the day, its still a 16 year old Mustang and someone is going to have to come up with cash because the vast majority of banks won't lend much, if any on a 16 year old car. That means someone is going to have to really want a SN95 car. And in my experience there aren't that many of those folks out there anymore when the 03/04 cars are becoming so affordable. So while I think $14,000 is fair, I bet you're going to have to sit on it a while. I'd list at $14,000-$15,000 and take the first $12,000-$13,000 offer that walks through the door.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
It's not about being a broke ass. It's what you can pay for a comparable car that is driving the price of the SN95 cars. No offense, but if it was just SVTPerformance that had such "broke ass" opinions, you car would be sold by now because I'm sure you've got it listed other areas.

OP, in my opinion your problems is going to be that mileage or not, at the end of the day, its still a 16 year old Mustang and someone is going to have to come up with cash because the vast majority of banks won't lend much, if any on a 16 year old car. That means someone is going to have to really want a SN95 car. And in my experience there aren't that many of those folks out there anymore when the 03/04 cars are becoming so affordable. So while I think $14,000 is fair, I bet you're going to have to sit on it a while. I'd list at $14,000-$15,000 and take the first $12,000-$13,000 offer that walks through the door.

my car has little to do with my comment (and yes all of my offers have come from other sites whether trade or cash). It is my belief that the market for sn95 cars is higher that what this site would lead you to believe- all of the price guides have increased their value assessments of our cars and yet I keep seeing 5-6k offers all day for decent mile cars on here. You can say they're old all you want but that doesn't cut it for 93 cobra owners- why us? it's the sellers fault for letting it go too low- buyers can bitch all they want.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
You can say they're old all you want but that doesn't cut it for 93 cobra owners- why us?

That's not really a fair comparison. I think you'd agree its fair to say that 93 Cobra's are in general much more desirable in the eyes of the masses, and there is no getting around that significantly less of them were produced (5,100 in total including the R's).

And it still doesn't change the fact that you can buy a lot more car for only a little more cash.

Last edited:

mystical

Established Member
my car has little to do with my comment (and yes all of my offers have come from other sites whether trade or cash). It is my belief that the market for sn95 cars is higher that what this site would lead you to believe- all of the price guides have increased their value assessments of our cars and yet I keep seeing 5-6k offers all day for decent mile cars on here. You can say they're old all you want but that doesn't cut it for 93 cobra owners- why us? it's the sellers fault for letting it go too low- buyers can bitch all they want.

It amazes me seeing what the 93 Cobras go for. Finding a cherry one will cost you about as much as a nice Terminator. From a performance standpoint, there is no comparison. Yet us SN95 guys struggle to get teens for an ultra-low mileage example. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Ultimately, the market dictates value. Naturally, a seller will want to sell for as much as possible while a buyer is looking for the best deal possible. While every situation is different, the market will dictate what the car is worth and it is up to seller whether or not to part with it and/or how long to sit on it for. For those looking for a quick sale, taking a small hit on price might be justified over sitting on it for too long.

stevo350

Procharged 98 Cobra
Established Member
Just listed the car today for $13,000obo kbb is over 14k without the mods...the price is reasonable considering how much money has been put into this car, ie: supercharger, injectors, fuel pump, bassani exhaust, centerforce clutch, saleen body kit, wheels, spoiler. The condition of the car is great and the mileage is super low. I know the market is much smaller since it is modded but that is ok with me. Somebody will get a super nice car for a fair price

mystical

Established Member
Just listed the car today for $13,000obo kbb is over 14k without the mods...the price is reasonable considering how much money has been put into this car, ie: supercharger, injectors, fuel pump, bassani exhaust, centerforce clutch, saleen body kit, wheels, spoiler. The condition of the car is great and the mileage is super low. I know the market is much smaller since it is modded but that is ok with me. Somebody will get a super nice car for a fair price

Very reasonable price indeed. You shouldn't have a problem moving it. GLWS!

Users who are viewing this thread