Getting ready to install UPR O/R/X with Magnaflow C/B

98Redbird

Established Member
Just curious what odds and ends I'll need? Obviously probably new gaskets? Does anyone have the part number so I can order them up at the local dealership? Anything else I might need??

Thanks

va boy

Established Member
Local parts store can get you the gasket,(can't remember the part#) you only need the passenger side, it's cheap.
A lift would be great for the install,can be done with jack stands. Pretty straight forward, easy mod.

Satin03

Established Member
I've installed numerous UPR pipes and never needed any sealant. While it may be good advice, I've had great success with just the gasket. I would however spring the extra couple bucks for the OEM Ford gasket from the dealership. Much better quality and seals for me everytime. And, if I'm not mistaked the UPR pipes are grooved for the gasket. Enjoy the new setup!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've installed numerous UPR pipes and never needed any sealant. While it may be good advice, I've had great success with just the gasket. I would however spring the extra couple bucks for the OEM Ford gasket from the dealership. Much better quality and seals for me everytime. And, if I'm not mistaked the UPR pipes are grooved for the gasket. Enjoy the new setup!

Well mine sure wasn't!:shrug:

006-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

Satin03

Established Member
Hmm...now you got me thinking with those pics. :shrug: I'm pretty sure mine was either grooved or had a lip of some sort. In either case, the Ford gasket alone worked for me everytime.

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
No groves on mine either... UPR Catted X. I reused the original gasket! Mine does have a small leak on driver side, not worth going under the car again.

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Can't stand leaks and heard upr leaks alot. Decided to go magnflow x pipe with ford gasket. Still put some copper rtv and leak free!

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
Hope your upr or/x pipe has a groove for the gasket to sit in, or it will leak very fast. I know because mine didn't. You might want to consider a high temp rtv sealant, like the copper stuff.

Here's a fel-pro one I got at advance auto.

Buy Felpro Exhaust Pipe Gasket 61203 at Advance Auto Parts

This cake it up and get a fordgasket, make sure the pipe is level and don't tighten all the bolts on the header flange at once, go back and forth then snug every thing up.

03silvercobraht

Established Member
Does anyone know what way the gasket has to go on with the thicker part up towards the manifold or down towards the x pipe I have a leak as well and have dropped my bbk x pipe like four five times and the leak can only be heard under a load while driving the car please help

Users who are viewing this thread