Getting pulled over. What color is worst for sn95 guys?

What color more eye catching by the fuzz?

• White

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Black

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Laser Red

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • Rio

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • PG

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • BAB

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • CY

Votes: 28 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

97cobraheaven

Established Member
Ok, so i have been noticing lately that I get pulled over about once a month. Ive only had the car for 5 months! Beginning to drive me crazy, i think its the color! I was going to a buddies house one day, just cruisin behind other cars down a main 4 lane street in town 40mph zone. I see an unmarked car ahead ready to pull out of an Apt complex, and I said to myself, "He is gonna follow me."

Sure enough, he pulls out in my direction. My buddys house is two streets down. So Im down a hill and the unmarked car cant see me, I turn on the street and floor it to my friends house about 1/8th mile up the road and kill the car in the drive way. Hope out and tell my friends, who are workin on the cars in the garage/driveway, that a cop is about to come up the street. Sure enough here it comes. They stop at the stop sign(which i blew threw, friends house is on the corner with the stop sign) They turn down the road and look at us and we just wave at them! The officers then come back the way they came and look at us again! We just wave again!

I got pulled over on the highway 2 weeks ago doing 64 in a 60, no ticket. Pulled over at 3am for speeding 4 months ago, no ticket thank god!
Pulled over for apparently running a red light, got a ticket.
Pulled over today for taking off quickly as the light turned green. didnt break tires loose or WOT. was 37 in a 35, no ticket. Nice guy, but apparently i cant just do that..

Then I have people randomly honk at me like i did something. Had one guy in a new Suburban pointing to the spot next to him at the light while I was behind him and lookin at me in his side mirror? WTF is that? Pointed his hand in the air and made circling motions...

I currently have a chrome yellow cobra. I use to have a white97 and sold my fox 6 months ago, ive never had this much trouble in my other cars.

1 seatbelt ticket in the fox had it for just over a year

1 ticket in the white97 out of state had it for 3 years

SO! is it the color? What color is the worst and what stories do you guys have

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
It sounds like you're being kind of a dumbass with some of the 'incidents'. Otherwise no, I've never had problems in either one of my Cobra's. I've gotten nabbed for breaking the law not following it.

Last edited:

97cobraheaven

Established Member
Yes in some cases I know I am at fault. Speeding is speeding. But im saying I drive the exact same as I always have in my other cars and never have had such issues. I drive the same speed as everyone else in town on these roads, everyone is over the limit in certain areas, im no different

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Yeah I had been pulled over in the '94 Cobra (white) quite a few times but never just because.

My current car is a bright frickin' red and the day after I picked it up from the shop, I had a cop following me for a good mile on my ass and my registration was expired (sticker on the back) but he didn't bother pulling me over. Maybe he just liked the car or had better things to do..

If I had to guess, I would say bright colors are more attention grabbing and may appear to be going faster. White, Yellow, Red, etc.

tt54l32v

Established Member
how loud is it and yes bab is noticeable, but i doubt as bad as cy. i have had them pull me over just to see if it was real and make me pop the hood, and then get the usual omg that motor is huge i bet that thing will fly son you better be careful boy.

95SC

Banned
I'd say yellow is the most noticeable color and there isn't many yellow cars out there .Red is noticeable too but there is pretty decent amount of red cars out there.

GreenSnake

Established Member
I've been pulled over before in GA because my car was loud, and I was apparently racing a Prius... In MD some police officers parked next to me at a grocery store to check out my car; they knew it was a cobra so that was pretty cool.

My94GT

Established Member
my car is bright orange and loud as hell, i can tell you the only times ive ever been bothered was when i was doing somehting stupid. color makes you more noticable, your actions behind the wheel get you pulled over

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
^LOL

I got most of my speeding tickets in my PG. I got one ticket in the BAB. And already 1 in the rio red.....i see where red is taking me. Parkin it!

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Rio Red.

I TRY to save driving fast for the track for this reason. I haven't had any tickets as of yet. Seeing that I said this like 32v FICobra did we'll probably get pulled over when we take the cars out next month!:lol1:

Toasty

Established Member
SO! is it the color? What color is the worst and what stories do you guys have

I've gotten one ticket in my RR in 4 years for doing 37 in a 39 (in an industrial area where everyone goes 40+) by a radar trap.

Other than that, zero. It helps to be an 'old' man. They just leave me alone.

Users who are viewing this thread