Getting paint off plastic?

Kobreh

Established Member
A paint/primer? can exploded on the highway the other day :mj:

I got everything off the paint, windshield, etc. with clay and wax.

Does anyone have suggestions on the best stuff to use to get paint off the plastic?

5798120106_3c1c1b8c1a_z.jpg

5798120680_08a16e77c0_z.jpg

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Matt

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What a bummer that happened, but glad to see you got most of it cleaned up..

For the plastic, I would try simple green or any other all purpose cleaner. Dilute it down to start and then try upping the cleaning power as you go to play it safe.

Once you have it all cleaned up, I would definitely suggest giving it a Poorboy's Trim Restorer treatment to really make it look awesome! Good Luck!

Kobreh

Established Member
What a bummer that happened, but glad to see you got most of it cleaned up..

For the plastic, I would try simple green or any other all purpose cleaner. Dilute it down to start and then try upping the cleaning power as you go to play it safe.

Once you have it all cleaned up, I would definitely suggest giving it a Poorboy's Trim Restorer treatment to really make it look awesome! Good Luck!

Thanks for that quick response, John! I'll give the simple green a shot. I just want to use the right tool for the job.

I'll place my order for the Poorboy's trim restorer. Lethal has always been good to me! :beer:

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
I've heard that the Mr. Clean scrub bars work well for plastic but have never attempted it.

Be very careful with Simple Green and dilute it down and work up, it can discolor plastics FAST.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've heard that the Mr. Clean scrub bars work well for plastic but have never attempted it.

Be very careful with Simple Green and dilute it down and work up, it can discolor plastics FAST.

Those scrub bars may work, I've never tried them. The only thing that I would be cautious about is creating small marring or tiny scratches in the plastic. Letting the cleaner do the work and cleaning it up using a clean microfiber would probably be the safest method.

Users who are viewing this thread