Getting My McLaren Wrapped Tomorrow

ArabianOak

Established Member
Stopped by a very reputable wrap place today and decided to go with the 3M Psychadelic wrap...I know some of you might not like this color but in person I was STUNNED by it...looks nardo grey in cloudy conditions and really pops under the son...here is a video of a Z06 with the color i'm getting. Dropping the car off tomorrow and should have it back sometime next week.

einehund

Established Member
Saw that color on a Wraith in Qatar. Phenomenal color! So many transtions in it, and the was on that flat sided land yacht. It will look amazing on the curves of your McLaren!!

AssPikle

Established Member
Very cool color changing option. I hear that wrapping is quite expensive, almost the cost of painting. If that's the case, why not paint it? That way it won't chip or peel?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
No offense bro but that looks ****ing Gay! Please don't ruin ur beautiful Mclaren with a gay ass color changing rainbow wrap smh. Cmon dude..... Those belong on Honda Civics.

I have yet to see ONE car that looks better with a wrap then the original paint. Please re-think that. Ur car has like a $15k paint job right from the factory!

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Very cool color changing option. I hear that wrapping is quite expensive, almost the cost of painting. If that's the case, why not paint it? That way it won't chip or peel?

Yes, a quality wrap can be 3-5K, maybe double those rates depending on how the wrap is done. For example, a high end wrap, they will remove the door panel to remove the door handle so that can be wrapped separably. A repaint from McLaren?...30K+ maybe? I'm just throwing out a stupid guess but wouldn't surprise me. A repaint would kill value. A wrap protects the factory paint, so when you want to sell the car you remove the wrap and the factory paint is flawless.

bgoose99

Established Member
You do you. I like crazy wraps. It's like a hair cut. If you don't like it, you change it next time.

I feel like vinyl wraps are the new "black vs. chrome wheel" thing. Everybody has a strong feeling one way or the other.

I wrapped my Miata in a color changing vinyl. Cost me $500. If people think that's gay, so be it.

AssPikle

Established Member
Yes, a quality wrap can be 3-5K, maybe double those rates depending on how the wrap is done. For example, a high end wrap, they will remove the door panel to remove the door handle so that can be wrapped separably. A repaint from McLaren?...30K+ maybe? I'm just throwing out a stupid guess but wouldn't surprise me. A repaint would kill value. A wrap protects the factory paint, so when you want to sell the car you remove the wrap and the factory paint is flawless.

Yeah, makes sense on a high end car tthen.i wouldnt wrap a fox mustang, that's for sure.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I'm almost positive I saw this car several weeks ago when the wife and I were out. If not the exact car it was a very similar wrap. At first glance it was grey and as I passed by it I could see all the color changes.

ArabianOak

Established Member
lol, the hate is real. I'm not a big fan of these wild colors myself but having a black mclaren really holds the car back unless your up close. Lots of lines on the 12c that I think a lighter color would really pop.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I just don't understand this behaviour.
It's like supercar owners buy their car to feed on peoples attention.

Lambo owners, Ferraris etc all wrapping in chrome or some other BS wrap.
We see you, you own an exepensive car. Good for you.

Something funny about someone name Lemmiwinks getting butthurt.
VclBrAQ.gif

Had to mess with you, but I do agree to a point. The "Team Solomone" guy with the chrome Lambo is a local. Not a fan, but that's him all around and pretty sure that's what he's going for.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Something funny about someone name Lemmiwinks getting butthurt.
View attachment 1638751

Had to mess with you, but I do agree to a point. The "Team Solomone" guy with the chrome Lambo is a local. Not a fan, but that's him all around and pretty sure that's what he's going for.

Honestly, maybe a tad butthurt. But mostly in disgust. Just why?
I would love to have an exotic (though there are plenty non-exotics I'd choose every day of the year) and wrapping can be made fun. Like the Purrari, Meowclaren or my friends' Viper that's wrapped as Lightning McQueen.
But a full chrome or whatever wrap that's just both tastless and humorless, why? For attention? It's a pretty severe case of "Hey! Look at me! ACKNOWLEDGE ME!!".

The "Team Solomone" guy is quite annoying. But definetly got his own style. But so does people running around dressed as Naruto. The Naturo weirdos and Solomone guy are basically craving for attention in the same way.

Also, Lemmiwinks is the gerbil king so you shall obey me.

Users who are viewing this thread