Getting my car tuned!

fatalstrike

Established Member
I'm getting my car tuned tomorrow what power to you guys think i will make, it's got a vortech sq running 12#'s, afm powerpipe, 90mm lightning maf, headers full exhaust and ported throttle body oh yea 60# injectors? also is there any tips you guys could give me as far as the tune goes?

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
Mid to upper 400s easy if your motor holds. Most will say thats too much boost for a stock block. Those are some big ass injectors also. 42lbs would have worked fine. In for some number good luck!

fatalstrike

Established Member
the guy tuning it name is heath with forced air performance it is intercooled and the reason why i am running 60's is i have plans for a t-trim and stroked motor.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hmm I'm gunna go with 450rwhp before u peg your maf..., as for tips.. Make you get A/F printed out and not much higher than 11.5.. Ask about how much timing is being ran.. And make sure you keep it safe.. But like I said you are going to need a BIG MAF from SCT because that lightning is going to peg I can almost guarentee it..

Last edited:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
My buddys 97 cobra is making 470hp on a mustang dyno v2sq blower and meth injection stock block. I personally don't know anyone else who beats the living crap out of the car more then he does and its lasted 2 years so far. My other friend is running 510hp on a mustang dyno with his 07 Shelby GT stock 3v motor. He has about 20+ track passes and gives it hell on the street. The conclusion is a majority of it is all in the tune which allot of people under estimate.

Last edited:

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
what maf would you recommend for this setup? I am going to be running a very simular one and will probably need to get a new one.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
how much power would i gain by switching the maf?

SCT BIG MAF 2600 or higher.. with the maf not pegging I would venture to say knocking on 500rwhp depending on how much timing they guy puts in..

what maf would you recommend for this setup? I am going to be running a very simular one and will probably need to get a new one.

SCT BIG MAF 2600 or higher..

fatalstrike

Established Member
about 11.5 at redline i think he said 20 degrees timing and 12# also those numbers are to 5800 rpm beacause that is where my rev limiter is set and i didn't really want to go any higher.

Users who are viewing this thread