Getting closer to the track.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Here are few mods that might help someone especially the trunk mounted battery.

The last time I made a pass was in my 2003 Cobra the end of summer 2005 before I sold it. It went 103 at 7.13 with my foot off the gas the last 100 feet trying to keep it off the wall. I'm going to be a little afraid of this thing at first.

I still have upper and lower control arms to go, install the Raptor shift light, paint the hood and get a dyno tune and then I'll find out what it will run.

Black Mamba Hood and 2013 grill inserts:

Nose_1.gif

Taylor Trunk mounted battery box. I could not find any information on moving the battery to the trunk on a newer Mustang. I ended up running it the best way I could. I would have bought the Taylor box with No. 2 gauge wire instead of No. 1 if I had to do it over. I ran the cable under the car in 1/2 electrical flex conduit and under the plastic shield along the frame rail. I came out just past the shock and hooked this cable to the alternator. I pulled all the positive cables completely out of the car and bought a No. 2 gauge cable to go from the alternator to the starter and a No. 4 gauge cable to go from the starter to the power distribution box under the hood. I cut the (2) negative leads and used Moroso eyelet lugs with compression nuts and grounded them to the shock tower. Seems to be working. At least it aint caught on fire yet.

BatteryBox.gif

Cable.gif

Moroso battery box reservoir and 3.6 KB LC:

KB_1.gif

This is Perma Cool fan and Derale stacked plate cooler bougth from Summit Racing used to cool the LC on the snout of the blower. I am going to run ice in my IC and KB said not to plumb into the IC for the LC if you run ice. I bought 3/4" angle from Lowes and made brackets to bolt them together. This fan put our 2800 CFM. It should be the equivalent of 74 mph. I started out with a heat sink for a trans but I did not think it was working too well. It has been cool but for the first time my LC reservoir is coller than my IC reservoir. The last photo is a Lightning IC pump used to pump the LC coolant.

HE_1.gif

HE_3.gif

HE_4.gif

Pump.gif

Maximum Motorsports Roll bar. PITA. I would rate it based on a LT header install at about a 1.435 with a back flip. Damn I was glad to get this sucker finished. I plan on buying some .03" think aluminum to cover up where the seat was.

RB_2.gif

RB_2.gif

RB_1.gif

Last edited:

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Good idea on the separate LC setup. Any idea what the additional amp draw is for the single fan and Lightening pump?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
A seat delete from american muscle will cover the rear

Sent from my huge ass SAMSUNG NOTE using tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread