Getting back on track

1bad04cobra

Established Member
So I posted about 2 years ago that I had bought a project car/restoration. It's a 90 notch 5.0. Going through the whole thing. Well life happens and it's been slow going. Got a wife and kids.. Enough said. So I'm finally making some progress, we'll a little bit. I've stripped the whole car down, replaced all the door innards except for the Windows which I want to do, cleaned, painted the bottom using por15 black cote spray.. Turned out awesome! Scored some brand new quarter windows with stickers still on them. (don't ask what I paid) :( I just got my 8.8 rear back from getting rebuilt with 9" ends, Detroit locker, all new internals and axles, all outer was stripped, welded and powder coated. Just ordered my qa1 rear coil overs and intend to put the rear back in this weekend. I bought some new in the wrappers cobra r wheels in Carlisle last summer. Just got the rears mounted and balanced. After the rear I'm going to move to the front and paint the engine bay the same color as the car(I think I'm going with either deep impact blue or gts Viper blue) and install Scott rod inner fender panels. I'll then install the front kmember, coil overs and all from suspension which is in my basement. Hopefully that will happen by summer. Got a brand new r302 block and going to be a 347 strocker is getting finished at the machine shop. It will be a fully prepped long block soon in about 1 month (need to pay a bit more). Ha always.. Eventually need to buy the big boys which are the ti trim supercharger and a transmission. Not that I want to think about that. Still don't know if I'm going auto or manual. It'll be about 8-900 hp. Anyway thought I'd share. I intended on posting pics but not sure I can from my phone. . I'll try.

Last edited:

1bad04cobra

Established Member
fbd560cdad59e5a78f48d507aca2dff3.jpg
a187446337f351d4bf6ebec56c72fd85.jpg
2d1ee71b6a677947b2f0e5436ccf2919.jpg
aeb2fe3575cd9ea38d341759f2a1c089.jpg
f9bb9dd76d727a3a06b45c0d9b5b6809.jpg

AMWill

So I posted about 2 years ago that I had bought a project car/restoration. It's a 90 notch 5.0. Going through the whole thing. Well life happens and it's been slow going. Got a wife and kids.. Enough said. So I'm finally making some progress, we'll a little bit. I've stripped the whole car down, replaced all the door innards except for the Windows which I want to do, cleaned, painted the bottom using por15 black cote spray.. Turned out awesome! Scored some brand new quarter windows with stickers still on them. (don't ask what I paid) :( I just got my 8.8 rear back from getting rebuilt with 9" ends, Detroit locker, all new internals and axles, all outer was stripped, welded and powder coated. Just ordered my qa1 rear coil overs and intend to put the rear back in this weekend. I bought some new in the wrappers cobra r wheels in Carlisle last summer. Just got the rears mounted and balanced. After the rear I'm going to move to the front and paint the engine bay the same color as the car(I think I'm going with either deep impact blue or gts Viper blue) and install Scott rod inner fender panels. I'll then install the front kmember, coil overs and all from suspension which is in my basement. Hopefully that will happen by summer. Got a brand new r302 block and going to be a 347 strocker is getting finished at the machine shop. It will be a fully prepped long block soon in about 1 month (need to pay a bit more). Ha always.. Eventually need to buy the big boys which are the ti trim supercharger and a transmission. Not that I want to think about that. Still don't know if I'm going auto or manual. It'll be about 8-900 hp. Anyway thought I'd share. I intended on posting pics but not sure I can from my phone. . I'll try.

Hey Bad,

Now this looks like an awesome build!

When do you plan to be finished? Even I'm excited to see the final product!

Let me know if I can be of any help along the way!

-Will

Users who are viewing this thread