Getting another Ford as a daily

SADF

Established Member
Well, I'm giving the Monte to my sister. Its a 2000 Monte Carlo SS. Just had put an intake on it, lol and it already had an exhaust I was reworking. Anyways, I'm leaning towards a SVT Contour altough I'm itching to get another Mustang even though it would be completely retarded.

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
Go with the Contour if you can find a clean one...they are a bargain if you are lucky you can find one for a regular contour price. I've owned 2 both 98s and miss them both... I let the first one go to get my Cobra and second was totaled by my g/f... HIGHLY recommended!

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
^^^^^^^
BIG +1

I had to work on one yesterday and everything under the hood was so brittle that I had to repair ten wires and six vac lines since everything broke when I touched it. Parts are also a big pain in the ass to find.

They weren't bad cars when they were new.

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I would probably go with a SVTF if I wanted a car as a DD.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Go and get an SHO brother! I know Eric is going to give me hell for this, but you can't go wrong with a Gen 2!!

What the hell are you talking about???

They are great cars!!

Until you have to work on them.
Suicide.gif

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
What the hell are you talking about???

They are great cars!!

Until you have to work on them.
Suicide.gif

HAhaHAhaHAha :lol1: You were giving me hell about them a while back Eric. :poke: Remember? You said I had a "strange" hobby, like collecting them. That was some funny shit! And yes they can be a pain to work on. But I have it down to a science, and I've heard bad things about the Contour SVT. I was looking at getting one in between buying one of my SHOs and was basically talked out of it. I still think they are cool looking cars, the latter years that is. And if one came across me now for a good price, who knows, I may consider it.

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
IMO an SVT Contour would make a great DD since you're looking to go with another Ford. I've had mine for almost 3 years now and still love it.:rockon:

They are fun to drive. But I agree that you should search carefully for a good one. You can get into some maintenance issues, but it shouldn't be a problem finding a decent one that has been taken care of.

Most Focuses (or Foci):shrug: seem to usually have alot of tranny problems.

And my CSVT gets about 23-25 mpg on average... I know even the V6 stangs can be gas hogs, so I find it hard to believe that a GT can do better... but then again its hard to keep your foot out of a Mustang.:D

Good luck with whatever you decide.:beer:
Frank

Users who are viewing this thread