Getting a "Tire Pressure Fault"

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
I did a search but since the site upgrade last week I can't get the search function to work properly.

My car just started getting a "tire pressure fault" today. The tires are properly inflated. Any ideas why?

Thanks

Tmatt142

Established Member
Stock wheels/tires or did you recently get some new rubber mounted up?

I brought my wheels in to get the tires put on and then installed them at my house. Discount Tire said the TPMS were "adaptive" and would work once I put so many miles on them. After about 10 min of driving, I would get the same fault. Took it back in to Discount a couple of days ago and he just used their little tool and sync'd them all up real quick. Seemed to work.

TexasShelby

Established Member
yeah, have to get them sync'd. Discount or your dealer should do it for free. You can even buy one, but after almost 8 years and 3 sets of new tires, I've only needed it sync'd twice.

brandonflood123

Established Member
im having the same issue except i took mine up to discount and they re synced them already and its doing it again.

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
Thanks guys. That must be the problem, I got new wheels and tires about 600 miles ago and it just started yesterday. I will take it to Discount where I got the tires.

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
I went back to Discount Tire Saturday and it turns out that the right front TPMS was bad. Had to buy another one.

Users who are viewing this thread