Getting a PC: help me complete my order needs.

dec322

Established Member
I'm ordering a PC tomorrow. I think I'll go ahead and order the $199 kit from autogeek. It looks like it will have everything I would need.

Then I think I'll get some OC and OP to get rid of the swirls that are in the paint (black paint). Later I might just use some poly-seal (kinda like maintenance)but I want to do everything the first shot.

After that I'm struggling a little. The car sits outside so I need something strong but I also want it to look wet...and like glass. What do you guys think will look best on black....I'm up for glazes if it will achieve the look.

Advice?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Hey!! I'm just south of Bham.

You've picked the best base-starter PC kit.

Do yourself a favor and don't use a glaze if the car sits outside.

From my personal experience and the reviews of others; EX and EXP are susceptible to surface stains and bird bomb etching (more so than other products; EXP was horrible about it for me).

OC; OP; with Opt. OptiSeal would be an excellent choice for a car that sits out.

PoliSeal has about 1/2 the cut of OP; so when using it for "touchups"; use an orange pad/speed 6. The greatness of it is that it offers protection on its own and you can immediately layer OOS over it with no issues.

If you really want to try a glaze for fun; PB Black Hole mimics Clearkote Red Machine Glaze. RMG works great on dark colors; haven't used PB BH.

If you want to treat yourself to a nice; wet 'nuba Clearkote Carn. Moose Wax (CMW) would be nice; or PB Natty's Blue. Both are economical and work/look great on black. CMW is more warm and wet with depth; whereas Nat. Blue is brighter; wetter and has crisp-clean reflections...a little more like a sealant. You'll likely be happy with the Opt. OS after polishing the car out though.

To ask questions and do your own searching (lots of reading) wander over to www.autopia.org; as well as the autogeek.net forums.

dec322

Established Member
Hey!! I'm just south of Bham.

You've picked the best base-starter PC kit.

Do yourself a favor and don't use a glaze if the car sits outside.

From my personal experience and the reviews of others; EX and EXP are susceptible to surface stains and bird bomb etching (more so than other products; EXP was horrible about it for me).

OC; OP; with Opt. OptiSeal would be an excellent choice for a car that sits out.

PoliSeal has about 1/2 the cut of OP; so when using it for "touchups"; use an orange pad/speed 6. The greatness of it is that it offers protection on its own and you can immediately layer OOS over it with no issues.

If you really want to try a glaze for fun; PB Black Hole mimics Clearkote Red Machine Glaze. RMG works great on dark colors; haven't used PB BH.

If you want to treat yourself to a nice; wet 'nuba Clearkote Carn. Moose Wax (CMW) would be nice; or PB Natty's Blue. Both are economical and work/look great on black. CMW is more warm and wet with depth; whereas Nat. Blue is brighter; wetter and has crisp-clean reflections...a little more like a sealant. You'll likely be happy with the Opt. OS after polishing the car out though.

To ask questions and do your own searching (lots of reading) wander over to www.autopia.org; as well as the autogeek.net forums.

What part of south of B'ham? I'm in the Trussville/Grayson Valley/Centerpoint area.

I like the idea of the Opt. OS! But then I might feel like I'm missing out on not trying BH and some nat. Blue. I think this time I'll go with the Opt. OS and then if I want more then I'll go with the glaze/wax combo. Polishing the car before the glaze/wax should be done as needed, right?

I've checked out the autogeek.net forums and stuff and I know if I start reading then I won't stop reading. My wife already says I'm obsessed.:shrug:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I'm actually down in Shelby Co.; just south of Alabaster. Basically an hour away from the Trussville/Centerpoint area there at Courtesy GMC. I just say south of Bham because nobody knows my small town.

Once you polish the car you won't have to do it again significantly so long as you have proper washing practices and use quality mf towels.

A glaze/wax will look deeper and have a noteably different look compared to OOS; but they both look *really* great. Of all the people that will look at your car; only you will notice the difference probably.

:beer:

dec322

Established Member
I'm actually down in Shelby Co.; just south of Alabaster. Basically an hour away from the Trussville/Centerpoint area there at Courtesy GMC. I just say south of Bham because nobody knows my small town.

Once you polish the car you won't have to do it again significantly so long as you have proper washing practices and use quality mf towels.

A glaze/wax will look deeper and have a noteably different look compared to OOS; but they both look *really* great. Of all the people that will look at your car; only you will notice the difference probably.

:beer:

Thanks man. Yeah, I know some people down that way and have been to Columbiana (I don't know how to spell it) a few times. I ordered OC, OP, and some OS today. Can't wait to get it all and try it out.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Haha; I'm actually in Columbiana :beer:

I've always thought it was funny how many folks don't know (that live here) that we're the county seat.

dec322

Established Member
Haha; I'm actually in Columbiana :beer:

I've always thought it was funny how many folks don't know (that live here) that we're the county seat.

Haha. :rockon:

It is funny to me that courthouse is in your town. I've had to fight for custody of my nephew a few times and that is where we have to go. Nothing like breaking for lunch and having three fast food places to choose from: McD's, Taco Bell, and KFC. :dw: I will say this; I think those would be some pretty fun roads to drive the ol'cobra on. I've always had the minivan on them:sleeping:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Well you've missed out...the drug store across the street from the courthouse has the best lunch...unless you want fried chicken...then the Piggly Wiggly has you covered (yes; thats the ONE grocery store...what can I say they beat out WinnDixie).

Some of the roads are nice; but unfortunately you have to be wary of the shift changes at the Sheriff's office (which tends to be about when I like to go out :bored: )

Columbiana actually had electricity and an airport well prior to B'ham or any surrounding city; unfortunately that leadership mentality and growth did not continue.

Users who are viewing this thread