Getting a new tune....boost question?

dsfelton

KB Powered!
Established Member
I recently purchased a 2003 cobra with a 2.6H, and I'm getting it retuned next Friday. The owner before me had it tuned in FL and is running 21#. That's way to much in my opinion for a DD. I am really wanting to run 17#, but when referencing the boost chart I don't see how I can get 17#? The car has a 4# lower, and I really want to keep the lower for torque numbers and for no belt slip. If I put a 4" upper that would put me at 18#, and if I run a 4 1/4" upper that would put me at 15.5#. I really dont see any way to go in between 15.5 and 18. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I am OK with running 15.5#. Especially since I'm in California running 91, and the car will be an occasional DD. I am wanting somewhere between 550-575rwhp. I am also going to have cats welded in since the car has and O/R X and is extremely loud. My question is what cats will fit, and will I need to get it retuned if I add cats after the tune? Sorry I have so many questions I am a new Cobra owner and am still new to this. All answers are greatly appeciated.

Here's a list of the current mods on the car.
Kenne Bell 2.6H Supercharger
60lb. Fuel Injectors
Metco 90mm Idler pulley
Metco 4lb. Crank pulley
Metco Alternator pulley
Billetflow IRS Brace
Accufab Throttle Body
12” S&B Air filter
Diablosport Predator Tuner
Diablosport MAF.ia
MSD Boost-A-Pump
Flowmaster exhaust