getting a free repaint

Evil Mach

Fight the Good Fight
Established Member
back on Valentine's Day, I was commuting to work in the Mach 1 when I witnessed a 3 car rear end accident. Myself and 2 of the cars from the accident were dead stopped at a traffic light when a Windstar minivan rear ended an Expedition that was next me at 50-55 MPH. The point of impact was with the fender/passenger door gap. I received a shower a of glass and, unknown at the time, brake fluid from the impact but nothing hit the Mach. It wasn't til I got to work that I noticed the brake fluid on the car (was a foggy/high humidity morning, car was damp). The damage was done, all I could do was file my report, contact my insurance and get some estimates. Damage was estimated at $4500. I dropped the Mach off at the body shop yesterday, where they informed me that it'll take about 3-4 weeks since the brake fluid went through the primer and down to the surface, requiring the car to taken down to metal and repaired from there.

Overall of the Mach
FA2FA5D1-118A-45F6-B4D7-0687F6728C2D_zpssgihaune.jpg

Close ups of the damage
F92E94A1-CB19-4819-88A2-60B5B6E99716_zpso7lsffd6.jpg

DE7D93B5-5FC2-445D-AAB8-F99444C149B7_zpsxxpbyhid.jpg

ECAB83CD-31B4-4B67-B960-8D2979C44C6C_zpsrdtnp4cu.jpg

E4E66B22-1658-43B0-87F4-EFA794A323C2_zpsgaoua6lb.jpg

8B7EF03C-91A7-4E36-A2C2-8BCB3A29DDBE_zps2rng8mim.jpg

these were taken the day of the accident. Prior to me dropping the car off, it had gotten worse with the paint bubbling and then flaking off on the hood, roof and decklid.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Damn, the mach got beat up pretty bad.

I had a similar thing happen to me, guy wrecked directly in front of me and threw glass and debris all over my car. I ended up getting like $1400 or something.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
wow, I've never seen/heard of that happening from an accident before

hopefully it comes back better than new

Mach828

Established Member
Have them add a slight amount of yellow or red pearl to the Comp Orange.

Make sure you stop by and inspect the car. They will need to take the car all the way down, primer, prep, then paint it. Any short cuts and you'll have paint issues down the road.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
That sucks but man that's a happy ending! I would be stoked!

Blown 89

Established Member
I wish someone would spritz my car with brake fluid....my paint is about due. That's a damn good looking car BTW.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I agree - have them add some pearl to it - just enough to show in the sun, but not cause your engine bay and other parts to not match. I mean, why not?

Evil Mach

Fight the Good Fight
Established Member
Go with a new color!!! That grabber green mach is tits! Would like to see more custom colors

Have them add a slight amount of yellow or red pearl to the Comp Orange.

Make sure you stop by and inspect the car. They will need to take the car all the way down, primer, prep, then paint it. Any short cuts and you'll have paint issues down the road.

thought about a color but I'm a loyalist to the Comp Orange, especially on the Mach

I took it to my friend's shop for that purpose. I know they're thorough and I can drop in any time to take a look at her

damn thats nuts! Brake fluids of today really do that?

oh yeah. I've seen it done worse damage

Users who are viewing this thread