Get rid of the wheel hop and broken half-shafts (IRS delete package)

ToxicByte

Established Member
'01 Mustang GT Live/Straight Axle forsale:
================================

Stock 28-spline axles. 3.73 gear installed by professional rearend builder. Have stock GT upper and lower control arms, GT driveshaft, and rear springs to go with it. Actual axle has less than 10k miles. 0 miles since 3.73 gear was installed. $950. [email protected]

Last edited:

ToxicByte

Established Member
Got someone on the west coast seriously interested. Should know something by Monday...

ToxicByte

Established Member
Sorry, but not close enough. Lowest I'm going is $850. I'm NW of Charlotte.

Machinator said:
Where in Nc are you? I have 700 dollars max. I live in Havelock.

TexasLawDawg

Established Member
Just so you know you do NOT need to include the GT driveshaft. The best thing to do is for the person buying the rear to get a Cobra pinion flange for a dealer ($25) and get it installed on the rear and thus keep the aluminum cobra DS... just thought I would let you know!

suprjagr

WHIPPLED 21LBS.
Established Member
how much HP can this rearend handle? I just blewout the halfshafts and have level 5 coming, but am still concerned about the IRS

ToxicByte

Established Member
A know about the flange swap, but a lot of guys ask for the drive shaft to be included.

TexasLawDawg said:
Just so you know you do NOT need to include the GT driveshaft. The best thing to do is for the person buying the rear to get a Cobra pinion flange for a dealer ($25) and get it installed on the rear and thus keep the aluminum cobra DS... just thought I would let you know!

ToxicByte

Established Member
Not sure how much the 28-splines can handle in the live axle in '03 Cobra, but I've seen fox body stock 8.8's with 28-splines hand more than 600 rwtq with no problem.

suprjagr said:
how much HP can this rearend handle? I just blewout the halfshafts and have level 5 coming, but am still concerned about the IRS

sccobra04

4.6 Juggernaut
Established Member
I live in winston salem, NC and am very interested in your rear end! I am trying to sell my 04 IRS right now and as soon as I have a buyer I could snap your rear end up asap for $850! I am not that far away so I could meet up with you to get your axle. Is it pulled out of your car now? I wouldn't mind getting a picture of your setup...if you want send to [email protected]. Give me a minute to get a buyer for mine and I can get your axle from you asap!

let me know what you think,
Derrick

Users who are viewing this thread