Get me my F-in rims already!!!

e.rigby

Established Member
Hey Everyone,

Here' s a quick rant: Back in December, I ordered a set of Anthracite FR500 replicas (18x10s and 18x9s) from a certain well known outfit. The rears were in-stock and I received them by Christmas. Cool. At that point, they told me the fronts would be in by the end of January. Not too long of a wait so it was ok by me.

Here's where it gets weird. At the end of January, I was told there were two shipments coming in, one at the end of the first week of Feb, and the other coming in at the end of the second week of Feb. At that point, they charged my credit card for the fronts to secure my order (shouldn't that have been done in December?).

At the end of the first week of Feb, I called for an update on the status of my order. To my surprise, I was told that the entire nation's shipment was delayed at customs. WTF!! I was also told that it would be another week or two till I would get them. Well, today I call for another update and was told that they had no idea when they would have them in. It could be two weeks maybe more!

So I then call up two other outfits to see if the story I was told about "the customs delay" checks out. Suffice it to say, it didn't. Both places told me that they have gotten at least 2 or 3 shipments of wheels from the same manufacturer since the beginning of the year.

I call up the place I ordered mine from again and tell them, in a very well mannered and calm way, that I didn't know who to believe and that I just need to get wheels so I can stop driving around in my insanely bald stock front tires (I have 4 brand new tires just waiting to be mounted). They tell me they will call the "other warehouse" and call me back.

At this point, I suspect that either someone dropped the ball and gave my front rims to another customer or that they dropped the ball and didn't actually place the order till the end of January (when they actually charded my card). Either way, someone dropped the ball.

I am giving them one more chance to make this right. Any opinions on how I should be compensated? I was thinking $50 off for every week it takes to get to my doorstep. Or how about some free lowering springs? If it takes till the end of friggin March to get these in I want loaner rims sent to me.

Also, has any of you gotten any Anthracite 18x9 Fr500 Replicas since the beginning of the year? It would give me more firepower if I knew who has gotten theirs and where they ordered them from. Thanks and so sorry for the long rant!! I just really needed to vent! :cuss:

Wow man. Sounds like you may have gotten the short end of the stick. This may sound shitty but did you think about cancelling your order, having them give you something else and then ordering them from somewhere else?? Let me know if you need any help, as I have been in the same situation before a couple years back.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I'm in the same boat from a well known vendor as well. They were supposed to be getting a shippment in mid February then as the days draw near I check their website and they have it listed as sold out until mid March. Call them and they tell me I am number 4 on the list and that they are expecting a shipment before mid March but can't guarantee it.

SVT04

Established Member
e.rigby said:
Hey Everyone,

Here' s a quick rant: Back in December, I ordered a set of Anthracite FR500 replicas (18x10s and 18x9s) from a certain well known outfit. The rears were in-stock and I received them by Christmas. Cool. At that point, they told me the fronts would be in by the end of January. Not too long of a wait so it was ok by me.

Here's where it gets weird. At the end of January, I was told there were two shipments coming in, one at the end of the first week of Feb, and the other coming in at the end of the second week of Feb. At that point, they charged my credit card for the fronts to secure my order (shouldn't that have been done in December?).

At the end of the first week of Feb, I called for an update on the status of my order. To my surprise, I was told that the entire nation's shipment was delayed at customs. WTF!! I was also told that it would be another week or two till I would get them. Well, today I call for another update and was told that they had no idea when they would have them in. It could be two weeks maybe more!

So I then call up two other outfits to see if the story I was told about "the customs delay" checks out. Suffice it to say, it didn't. Both places told me that they have gotten at least 2 or 3 shipments of wheels from the same manufacturer since the beginning of the year.

I call up the place I ordered mine from again and tell them, in a very well mannered and calm way, that I didn't know who to believe and that I just need to get wheels so I can stop driving around in my insanely bald stock front tires (I have 4 brand new tires just waiting to be mounted). They tell me they will call the "other warehouse" and call me back.

At this point, I suspect that either someone dropped the ball and gave my front rims to another customer or that they dropped the ball and didn't actually place the order till the end of January (when they actually charded my card). Either way, someone dropped the ball.

I am giving them one more chance to make this right. Any opinions on how I should be compensated? I was thinking $50 off for every week it takes to get to my doorstep. Or how about some free lowering springs? If it takes till the end of friggin March to get these in I want loaner rims sent to me.

Also, has any of you gotten any Anthracite 18x9 Fr500 Replicas since the beginning of the year? It would give me more firepower if I knew who has gotten theirs and where they ordered them from. Thanks and so sorry for the long rant!! I just really needed to vent! :cuss:

Hey there , PM me with the name of the outfit you are dealing with. I have plans to order the same wheels you did. :burnout:

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
I have a container on the way with those rims on it scheduled for March 17th (thats if all goes as planned).

My manufacturer should have some coming in about 1-2 weeks, as supposedly his container just hit port in LA.

Thats all I have found out on the current FR500 situation.

e.rigby

Established Member
ugotbit03 said:
Well the way it looks everyone is going to have the same wheels in march, includeing me... that will be kinda corny

Yeah, I know what you mean! At least I haven't seen any around my area yet! I think I've only seen a pic of one other black Mach 1 with the DD anthracite FR500s. I think it'll look cool to accent the matte striping.

e.rigby

Established Member
Yeah, I've thought about cancelling, but I think I'd be in the same boat with any other place. At least I'm #1 on their list!

Thanks for the info MTShambles, I think I'll just try to be as patient as possible. Looks like nobody has had these for awhile. I just hope they aren't BSing me if they did in fact dropped the ball and gave mine to someone else. Just kinda hard to believe it would take this long to get rims.

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
e.rigby said:
Any opinions on how I should be compensated? I was thinking $50 off for every week it takes to get to my doorstep. Or how about some free lowering springs? If it takes till the end of friggin March to get these in I want loaner rims sent to me.

I dont know if you were being serious when you said that but good luck getting ANY sort of compensation what so-ever. I had to wait over a year before I recieved a hood that i ordered. Sometimes sh!t happens and you just have to wait it out. It doesnt mean that they owe you anything. Anyway good luck getting your rims

Last edited:

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
Sounds kind of crappy to me waiting 3-3.5 months for wheels. Did the other suppliers say they had them in stock? If so just ask the the orig place you ordered from to credit your credit card back and buy somewhere else.

Good luck man, keep us posted.

e.rigby

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
I know right.. :burnout: & why not say the name of that place so that we dont order from them :uh oh:

Well, I'm keeping an open mind to it. I know that it might just be the truth that it was just back ordered and that everybody is waiting on them. Trust me if it turns out ugly you guys will be the first to know who I ordered them from. I'm just giving them a fair chance before I go telling everyone and thier moms not to order from them.

stangkid

Established Member
My brother ordered a set from Mustangtuning about two weeks ago and had them a week later try calling them and see if they can get them for you. :shrug:

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
Only problem is, these wheels are only made at one plant, one manufacturer, and that plant has been backed up. This is the closest that we have gotten to getting a possible received date. Its a bit extreme to have these things out for 5 months though, dont get me wrong.

Its crazy man.

Users who are viewing this thread