Get an Ass-whuppin' from a station wagon!!!!

1IDSPTTR

Established Member
Check this noise out!!!

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/previews/2003/february/0302_preview_magnum.xml

I might have to talk the wife into trading the Minivan for this. Can you say 5.7 literBlown(!!) Hemi engine. Holy $hit batman!!!

DODGE MAGNUM SRT-8

Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 5-door wagon
Estimated base price: $33,000
Engine type: supercharged and intercooled pushrod 16-valve V-8, iron block and aluminum heads, DaimlerChrysler JTEC engine-control system with port fuel injection

Displacement: 354 cu in, 5654cc
Power (SAE net): 430 bhp @ 5600 rpm
Torque (SAE net): 480 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Transmission: 5-speed automatic with lockup torque converter
Wheelbase: 120.0 in
Length: 197.7 in
Width: 74.0 in
Height: 58.3 in
Curb weight (est): 4000 lb
C/D-estimated performance:
Zero to 60 mph 4.7 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 13.4 sec @ 103 mph
Projected fuel economy:
EPA city driving: 15 mpg
EPA highway driving: 24 mpg

:beer:

Allan

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Might be a slick little grocery getter. I'll bet the gas mileage is probably a bit frightening though. :eek:

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
That's a show car. But hell, Chrysler might just build it like that. They did with the Viper, Prowler, etc..

Now if it was Chevy, we'd see it at the shows with a TT LS1 putting down 700+ HP to a 6 speed, but it'd hit showrooms with a 3.8L and auto only.

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
But hell, Chrysler might just build it like that. They did with the Viper, Prowler, etc..

Hell... if Dailmer/Chrysler builds it... I'll prob buy one. ****ing sweet car!

StickyFinga

Established Member
Just another case of an engine they have already built being put in another chassis. Same with the Viper using the V10 Ram engine. Dodge/Chrysler has the absolute worst designers, I have never seen a good looking design from that team.

I am sorry guys, but this year's Cobra has been the only stock Mustang, SVT or otherwise with balls that could compete with the Camaros. The Cobra R did it, but it was hardly a widely produced or affordable car. And even the Cobra R which was a stripped down Mustang with a new engine could not defeat even the 01 Z06. Which by the way was cheaper.

Now, I have my flame suit on because I am sure I have "Chebby" glasses or some moronic thing like that, but lets face the facts here. BTW I am not talking modded cars...Just trying to make that clear.

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
GOD, they really need to ditch that Intrepid grill, then it'd be a hellova car. Although it would put up a really good fight, 13.4 @ 103 and a 4.7 0-60 isn't anything for even a stock 03 to worry about; unless you blow the launch, but even then you'll catch and pass it. Then again, if they start swapping pulleys they could be a small threat (we still have the weight, 5spd and aerodynamic advantage).

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member

I-R-BABOON

Got Hose?
Established Member
I would totally buy that thing if production is with all included in the concept. think about it 430 hp and 480 tq for $33000. hot daum! plus i think the styling is badass

1IDSPTTR

Established Member
wagon memories

Harry,
Thanks for the wagon pix. Brings back the memories of having the old '72 Buick Sportwagon at school as an undergrad. I don't remember the exact weight, but it seemed pretty light, and that 350ci engine could definitely get up and go. Try getting six guys, luggage, and a trailer with kayaks and a windsurfer to Florida in a cobra!!

:beer:

Allan

Users who are viewing this thread